How should the user choose the item?
A long list to scroll down
 20%  [ 1 ]
Menus with categories
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

I'm gonna make a program that shows you the recipes of what items you need. I'm mainly doing this because my computer does not have enough RAM for chrome and Minecraft. So far, I'm thinking of having a list that you can scroll down, press enter, then see the recipe, sort of like the symbol GUI. I just don't know if there's any easier/better/smaller way to do this, or if there's anything I need to know. Hopefully, Crafter CSE will help others Cool

edit: added new poll option
I like the idea. Are you planning to show a 3x3 crafting interface with sprites for all of the ingredients? Is there going to be a description of product or smelting and brewing recipes along with the crafting recipes?
I am planning to make a 3x3 grid, w/ sprites, in the graphing screen for crafting/smelting. I might (I'm not sure yet) add info, depends how much it takes up with only the recipes and smelting. I still need to figure out sprites, but I think I can use the menus, with the lbl's as the item ids
eg lbl 1:bedrock (no recipe)
Asian wrote:
I'm gonna make a program that shows you the recipes of what items you need. I'm mainly doing this because my computer does not have enough RAM for chrome and Minecraft.

so why not just print out a list of "recipes" and keep it near your computer
Why not use TMI to show the recipes in-game?
Why not make a calculator program?
Asian wrote:
If you do decide to do this, the tileset I created for an experiment might be helpful to you.
Asian wrote:

I would have gone along with the idea of writing a program, however in terms of " I just don't know if there's any easier/better/smaller way to do this", the better way IMO is to not reinvent the wheel and use existing code/projects. You also said you were looking in terms of functionality and not for learning, hence me suggesting the existing project. TMI can easily bring up recipes of blocks/items in-game very quickly showing crafting to make it and what it can be used to make.

For a learning experience, I would recommend poking KermM for his experiment as afaik there wasn't a clear end-result, and this is a good way to make use of the experiment.
Fine. Too many people have told me to get TMI. So I ditch this project and get it.
Fine. Too many people have told me to get TMI. So I ditch this project and get it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours