We all have the nikky simulator to simulate our favorite little demonic troll. So now, to counter its magic, I am starting to make the ordelore bot!
Updates when I get home from school.
How will you make it? Nikkybot is essentially a wrapper around a Markov chain system that was trained on everything nikky has said on IRC in the last few years. Are you planning to write a more hard-coded set of responses and phrases, or go for the Markov and/or NN approach?
I was going closer to a hard-coded approach, at least for the v0.0.1 release. This is mostly because I want to experiment with AppVars.
ordelore wrote:
I was going closer to a hard-coded approach, at least for the v0.0.1 release. This is mostly because I want to experiment with AppVars.
That sounds like a reasonable approach to me. What kind of design are you looking at, then? Talking more about a design before you start committing it to code often uncovers potential problems in the plan, I find.
Basic skeleton follows:
1) Make random numbers to select between 4-15 words.
2) Get the words that are either adjectives/nouns/conjunctions/etc. from the AppVar.
3) Make the necessary grammatical corrections.
4) Display the words in a sentence.
I went through 98% of my posts and got every single post's contents into a Google Docs document, and made the necessary edits to make it as high quality as possible. It ended up at 6 single spaced, Arial 10 font, pages. Surprised
If anyone wants to help me organize the words into Adjectives, Nouns, Verbs, Conjunctions, and Miscellaneous, then please email me at o r d e l o r e @ g m a i l . c o m. Without the spaces, of course.
Ordelore. Have you considered making a 'Word Cloud' of your post data. wordle is a nice way of doing it. That way, it will be super easy to see your most commonly used words in a easy, visual manner.
I have, here it is:
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/7360097/ordelorebot_new
ordelore wrote:
If anyone wants to help me organize the words into Adjectives, Nouns, Verbs, Conjunctions, and Miscellaneous, then please email me at o r d e l o r e @ g m a i l . c o m. Without the spaces, of course.
You might find the WordNet project helpful for this. I discovered WordNet when I created a project of the same name.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours