I think that makes sense. I would think two would be particularly helpful if the site has changed a lot in the past few years, so one "past" and one "present" screenshot (or just "present" for lesser sites). I think the screenshots, unless there's a good reason to do it otherwise, should be of the sites' front pages.
burr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, too late, I just got a bunch of email notifications that you had set up pages on TI Story, and added a page there!

Thanks for the initiative. I noticed that you included several screenshots of StickFigure Graphics Productions. I know it's not that important, but I wanted to establish a guideline now. I personally think one screenshot should suffice for most sites, and two should suffice for the more prominent sites. What do you guys think?

I think the number of screenshots should be reflective of the various visual styles the website has had over the years. Ticalc.org probably only needs one (unless people want to show off different features of it), unless they have an older theme that I don't remember. UnitedTI or Cemetech could have several. It is a historically themed site, isn't it?
elfprince13 wrote:
I think the number of screenshots should be reflective of the various visual styles the website has had over the years. Ticalc.org probably only needs one (unless people want to show off different features of it), unless they have an older theme that I don't remember. UnitedTI or Cemetech could have several. It is a historically themed site, isn't it?

I suppose that makes sense... I would make the screenshots smaller then; they really dominate the page as it is right now.
Fair enough!
It looks good Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
burr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, too late, I just got a bunch of email notifications that you had set up pages on TI Story, and added a page there!

Thanks for the initiative. I noticed that you included several screenshots of StickFigure Graphics Productions. I know it's not that important, but I wanted to establish a guideline now. I personally think one screenshot should suffice for most sites, and two should suffice for the more prominent sites. What do you guys think?

http://www.ticalc.org/about/oldticalc/ticalc1/ - 96-97
http://www.ticalc.org/about/oldticalc/ticalc2/ - 97-99
DJ_O wrote:
http://www.ticalc.org/about/oldticalc/ticalc1/ - 96-97
http://www.ticalc.org/about/oldticalc/ticalc2/ - 97-99

Those are already included on the ticalc.org page at TI Story.
Wow nice I just noticed this from the United TI news page.
I also noticed that on the people page there is Jason Ho. Since I'm a Jason Ho and there is another Jason Ho who did program some games before me, and I'm obviously not as famous/well known as the other Jason Ho I wonder if two pages of Jason Ho would work?
I guess you could call your page Jason Ho (Jonius7) and for the other person, use his ticalc.org handle or if he lacks one, his real name only.
jhgenius wrote:
Wow nice I just noticed this from the United TI news page.
I also noticed that on the people page there is Jason Ho. Since I'm a Jason Ho and there is another Jason Ho who did program some games before me, and I'm obviously not as famous/well known as the other Jason Ho I wonder if two pages of Jason Ho would work?

That is actually quite common; there are several people, sites, and programs and games in the TI community with the same name. There is a disambiguation template for that purpose, and you can just append the individual's handle/nickname to the page name (i.e., jason-ho-dakron15).

This is unrelated, but what do you guys think about the TI Story site design/layout? Like? Dislike? Any things that should be changed?
burr wrote:
This is unrelated, but what do you guys think about the TI Story site design/layout? Like? Dislike? Any things that should be changed?

I don't like the black on the top and left side, it seems rather too contrasting with the white in the content-filled part of the site. Other than that, seems good. Smile
/\agreed. a dark grey would probably look nicer, especially with the blue links there. also, is there any particular reason the logo uses fuzzy upscaling?
shmibs wrote:
/\agreed. a dark grey would probably look nicer, especially with the blue links there. also, is there any particular reason the logo uses fuzzy upscaling?
Good old Microsoft Paint Very Happy My graphics skills are pretty basic, so I mainly just wanted to get something that was workable. If somebody wants to make it look nicer, that would be much appreciated.
Burr, we should teach you to use GIMP, then. Smile Also I suspect the United-TI page might need a small update now!
KermMartian wrote:
Burr, we should teach you to use GIMP, then. Smile Also I suspect the United-TI page might need a small update now!

That was always on my to-do list Very Happy I will wait to update the UTI page until the merger is completed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours