MufinMcFlufin wrote:
It's the string from XTRACHARS
Don't remember who made it, but I got it from TICalc.org
At any rate, very nicely done. Smile I am trying to think of some more widely-applicable uses for your character generation program; I'm thinking perhaps something with textsprites?
Alright, just finished, and after doing some thorough testing for every letter, I found that the symbol I used for the lowercase "t" v1, for some reason doesn't have a blank 1 column of pixels on the right of it, which throws everything that comes after that letter off by one pixel. Other than that, everything seems to be working perfectly so far. On a side note, I posted links to all the programs except one (STRNUMS) because they're all so massive, I didn't want the post to be as large as them all.

Here's a link to the Sig. Generator in it's current state.

prgmSTRNUMS is small so I don't think anyone will mind me putting the code here instead of linking to pastebin.

Code:
:sub("0123456789",int(.1Ans)+1,1)+sub("0123456789",round(10fPart(.1Ans)+1,0),1
:If "0"=sub(Ans,1,1
:sub(Ans,2,1

Here's prgmSIGNATR9, in it's current, unoptimized form:

And now, here are the two other programs I've been using to help me use the best characters as a base for each letter. prgmTEST is for one character letters, and prgmTEST2 is for two character letters.

They weren't really made for anyone else, and will output much into specific lists and strings, so if you want to know how everything outputs and where, then just ask. Here's prgmTEST.

And lastly, here's prgmTEST2.
Bumpity, bumpity, bump bump bump.
Most epic; excellent work! May I suggest you start submitting versions to the Cemetech archives for general download and perusal? Also more screenshots!
Little bumpy Foofoo, bumping through the forest, bumping up the field mice, and bumpin' them on the head.

Anywho, if anyone still wants to post any more letters, they'll all be accepted. I recently found my battery charger, so I can return to actually working on the calc, and trying to finish up this program.

After rethinking the menu, I realize now that not all letters are going to be able to have 26 modifications, so I'm going to change up the menu so it'll be more suited for any number of letters.
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
Little bumpy Foofoo, bumping through the forest, bumping up the field mice, and bumpin' them on the head.

Anywho, if anyone still wants to post any more letters, they'll all be accepted. I recently found my battery charger, so I can return to actually working on the calc, and trying to finish up this program.

After rethinking the menu, I realize now that not all letters are going to be able to have 26 modifications, so I'm going to change up the menu so it'll be more suited for any number of letters.
I think that's the single most creative topic bump I've ever seen. Smile Can you give my/us a specification of recommended per-letter size, and what set of characters we need to create?
KermMartian wrote:
MufinMcFlufin wrote:

I think that's the single most creative topic bump I've ever seen. :) Can you give my/us a specification of recommended per-letter size, and what set of characters we need to create?
Yup, I try to mix it up from time to time. I mean, if you're going to bump, at least make it entertaining, right?

Just like before, recommended height 5 pixels, maximum 7 pixels, recommended width 3-5 pixels, no current maximum width, however the pxl-change('s currently will only "reach" 8 pixels out or so, but that can very easily be remedied.

And as far as what set of characters to make, any letters you want to see in the program, that you may want to use for your own signature. Here's a list of current letter designs that are used. Pretty much anything that's not already in it will be accepted.

One request though, it's easier for me to add new letters if your newly designed letters are made distinguishable from current letters, so add a new column, make them a new color, just don't overlap current ones with the same color as all the others.
Whoa, whoever made those uppercase letters on the right side of that is very talented. Wink I'll see what I can come up with.
*bump* I made these last night but forgot to upload them. Feel free to disagree with them or not use them if you're not crazy about them. Smile

KermMartian wrote:
*bump* I made these last night but forgot to upload them. Feel free to disagree with them or not use them if you're not crazy about them. :)

[IMAGE!!!]
Oh no, this are great. I might actually use this new font set in one of my programs...

Anywho, I'll add this in ASAP, then finally work on the optimizations Weregoose suggested, and any other optimizations that I can find.
How about Pac-Font? It's a font that resembles the text "PAC-MAN" when you play the actual game. Link with sample font here: http://www.dafont.com/pacfont.font

Also, namco regular is a good one, too. It resembles the font of the company logo. Sample:http://www.ffonts.net/namco-regular.font
Notice how there are not very many capital letters.

Hope this is useful!!
Holy necropost, batman! Shock
Necropost indeed! Although I'm curious what ever happened to this program; it seemed like it was nearly done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours