Update. Version 1.14 now available on TI Planet and Omnimaga (and submitted to Cemetech and ticalc, waiting for approval).

Changelog :
-A lot of bugfixes since 1.08
-The New shop is available. You can now buy (and use) 10 different items.
-For those who had a version with the new shop, it is a lot faster to draw in this new version
-The Pokemon selection menu is faster too
-Elixirs work.
-Yes, Elixirs work.

For those who wonder why I put the last change twice, it is because "Elixir doesn't work" surely is the most frequent occurence on the developpement topic on Omnimaga. Even when the new shop was in beta and when all other objects worked, Elixirs still didn't work. So now I put it twice in case people don't believe what they read or read too fast and still see a "don't" in the sentence.
Congratulations on the update, Hayleia; it looks superb. Also, I appreciate you mentioning Doors CS in the description, which I hope works out well for your users. The update to the Cemetech archives has been accepted and is available as Pokemon Topaze. The only modification I made when I accepted it was trim down that 1.7MB animated GIF a bit. Smile
I have noticed that the pokeball doesn't exactly get depleted when you use it (perhaps a bug either in the usage, or in importing a save from a previous version of the game), and cancelling a menu selection does not return properly (bag, pokemon party, ect).

keep up the great work!
KermMartian wrote:
Congratulations on the update, Hayleia; it looks superb. Also, I appreciate you mentioning Doors CS in the description, which I hope works out well for your users. The update to the Cemetech archives has been accepted and is available as Pokemon Topaze. The only modification I made when I accepted it was trim down that 1.7MB animated GIF a bit. Smile

Oops, sorry about the gif. That gif is very old and at this time I wasn't used to playing with Wabbitemu's options. I'll think about that when making another update.

LuxenD wrote:
I have noticed that the pokeball doesn't exactly get depleted when you use it (perhaps a bug either in the usage, or in importing a save from a previous version of the game)
This has nothing to do with saves. The only incompatibility I ever introduced in that game was in 1.13 : if you played as a girl, the option was reset when updating to 1.13 (due to the byte becoming a bit and being moved to save space and allow 10 objects). Seems more like a fail in coding. I don't see anywhere in my code where I asked the number of PokeBalls to decrease.
(Also, why did you complain ? You were just able to use infinite Balls !)

LuxenD wrote:
and cancelling a menu selection does not return properly (bag, pokemon party, ect).
In 1.14 ? I admit there was a problem with the Item Selection menu overwriting a back buffer, but that was fixed in latest versions (even though I said it nowhere, it is in my "Done" list). If it still happens, please also tell me if it occurs when walking or in combat or both, and also what is remaining on the screen (like, is it the Item Selection menu not being erased or is it the Pokemon Selection menu remaining in background, ...).

Thanks both of you for your encouragement, and for the bug report ^^
Update. Version 1.15 now available on TI Planet and Omnimaga (and on ticalc and Cemetech once it gets approved).

If you want a lot of money in the game, I'd advise you to read the following changelog very carefully before updating so you can use some flaws in the shop.

-Elixirs are no longer free.
-Fixed a line of pixels in Shop.
-Using a Ball decreases the number of balls in your bag (thanks to LuxenD for reporting this one).
-You can no longer use an Item when you don't have any.
-Sped the item selection menu up (by not going through PokeTxt each time).
-Got rid of a routine that made the same as stdDev (saved ~60 bytes).
-Changed the way Pokemon selection works: now waits for a keypress instead of having an irregular speed.
-Changed the way Pokemons evolve : now waits for a keypress instead of waiting for 2 seconds (allows you to prevent your Pokemon from evolving even when you were looking away).

(I also made a new gif, it only takes 188KB now, I hope it is small enough).
Thanks for the new GIF; that's a great size. I'm glad to see that you're still making updates on this. Do you plan to port it to the TI-84+CSE at any point, and if so, are you considering using xLIBC/Celtic 2 CSE and friends?
KermMartian wrote:
Do you plan to port it to the TI-84+CSE at any point, and if so, are you considering using xLIBC/Celtic 2 CSE and friends?
Well I agree that it would be a great game on the CSE. But I already wrote that game twice. Once in pure Basic (and it didn't fit in RAM) and once in Axe (not counting the ASM attempt that only got the tilemapper working before I discover Axe). And I really don't want to translate that mess again, so I guess I'll wait for Axe to be ported to the CSE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours