DISCLAIMER: I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF ANY DAMAGE IS CAUSED TO YOUR CALCULATOR(S) OR YOUR BRAIN.

Click here to be able to download it, or just go to the Cemetech archives.

The readme in the zip is not long, so read it before playing
If you are lazy to read my long post, the screenshots are below Wink but at least, read what is written in green
That said, I think I can begin talking about my project Razz

This is my first real game in Axe, so excuse the lack of optimization.
This was called Topaze because Topaz is often like Yellow.
I used CrabCake so it is compiled for Ion. So, you need a shell that can run Ion programs.
In the zip, there is a French and an English version.

This is not meant to be a clone of the real Pokemon game but to be a decent Pokemon Game for calculator
. For example, you can run by pressing Alpha(B), that is not in the original Pokemon Yellow Game.
For now, you have 44 Pokemons including of course [s]Absol[/s] Pikachu, Bulbasaur and this kind of guys.
The readme is not long, so read it
Yes, you must send all the files to your calculator Wink but the appvars MUST be archived.
Don't forget to do "Nouvelle partie" (New Game) when first playing.

If you wonder, those big dots (to not be confused with little dots that are the sight of some guy) that you can see in the screenshot below are to be seen like a dice face: here it says "1" so you need one badge to cross it. You also will meet the "2" "3" and "4" dices that need 2,3 and 4 badges to be crossed.

Also, two non outdated and non animated screenshots, below

Credits (in the "A propos" (About) section):

Satoshi Tajiri (had the original idea)
Me (programming)
My sister (made all the data Shock)
Quigibo (Axe)
Hot-Dog (Crabcake)
Happybobjr and/or tifreak and/or shmibs (sprites, if used ???)
FinaleTi (External Vars Tutorial)
Michael Lee and ephan (TI-Convert/Croquette)
If I forgot someone, tell me or that person won't be added.

PS: If you are from a country where you don't speak English nor French, you can translate the file names NOMS.txt in the zip and send it back here (or on Omnimaga) so I can make a version of the game in your language (the problem is not translating sentences but attacks and names).
Bug Report: In the 4th Gym, one trainer that's vital to progress through Gym kicks(?) you out of the gym after battle. D:
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
Bug Report: In the 4th Gym, one trainer that's vital to progress through Gym kicks(?) you out of the gym after battle. D:
Ah, yeah, I saw that too, and I didn't find at all where it comes from, since only him has this bug. But don't worry, afaict, the trainer still is considered as beaten so you can continue (at least that worked for me and for my sister).
Ah. So that means that I can continue to the league? yay XD
I somehow missed this topic the first time around, Hayleia, for which I apologize. This looks great, and I'm glad you addressed the issue of a translation, as I was going to suggest an English translation (although it seems from your description that that already exists). Would you consider uploading this to the Cemetech archives for those among our members who cannot access files hosted on Omnimaga? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I somehow missed this topic the first time around, Hayleia, for which I apologize.
No problem.

KermMartian wrote:
I'm glad you addressed the issue of a translation, as I was going to suggest an English translation (although it seems from your description that that already exists)
Yes, there is currently a French and an English version.
I addressed that issue because this game really needs to be translated to be played. Not because the story is hard to understand or something, but because the names of the Pokemons/Towns/Bosses/etc change and that it is really hard to get used to another language.

KermMartian wrote:
Would you consider uploading this to the Cemetech archives for those among our members who cannot access files hosted on Omnimaga? Smile
Not everyone can download it ? Even with that big button I added Razz ? I didn't know that.
I am not against uploading on Cemetech archives but firstly, I don't know how to Razz and secondly, this game is not finished and I still have to make a lot of changes in it, so a lot of updates. This is why I wanted to have only one link to change at every update.
It's more that people were permanently banned from Omnimaga and anything to do with it, so they can't even gain access to the files.
tifreak8x wrote:
It's more that people were permanently banned from Omnimaga and anything to do with it, so they can't even gain access to the files.
Indeed, that's the unfortunate truth. If you occasionally upload versions to the Cemetech archives, there's a very simple function to just upload a new version of the zip without needing to re-write the title, description, re-add screenshots, etc, so you can easily add new versions. To upload files, just head to the Archives and click the Upload link.

Since there are already French and English versions, which seem to be the languages of 99% of the community as far as I can tell, what other languages are you looking to get it translated to?
tifreak8x wrote:
They can't access it even without logging in (which is impossible) ? (I don't know this situation since I never was banned, so I wasn't aware of that)

KermMartian wrote:
To upload files, just head to the Archives and click the Upload link.
Ok, I'll do it as soon as I have the zContest results (so I can advertise by saying "I was 1st/2nd/3rd" Razz )

KermMartian wrote:
Since there are already French and English versions, which seem to be the languages of 99% of the community as far as I can tell, what other languages are you looking to get it translated to?
Any other language would be helpful since the names of the Pokemons change a lot from a language to another and so the game is not really playable in a language that is not your native language Sad
Hayleia wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
They can't access it even without logging in (which is impossible) ? (I don't know this situation since I never was banned, so I wasn't aware of that)
The ban is usually both for the account and IP address. Once you're banned, nothing can be accessed other than a simple page that shows the reason for your ban.
Hayleia wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Any other language would be helpful since the names of the Pokemons change a lot from a language to another and so the game is not really playable in a language that is not your native language Sad
Japanese, English, French and German (and Korean too?) are the only languages that use their own Pokémon names. Most other languages use the English names as far as I know.
Update !
Now there is a German version included in the zip, thanks to Anima Very Happy
And I also uploaded to the Cemetech archives but it told me to wait for a PM, so it should be coming soon I hope Smile
Hayleia wrote:
Update !
Now there is a German version included in the zip, thanks to Anima Very Happy
And I also uploaded to the Cemetech archives but it told me to wait for a PM, so it should be coming soon I hope Smile
Accepting it momentarily, check your PMs. Smile
Version 1.0.8 uploaded to ticalc.

Changes since 1.0.7:

-Text in appvar, for all languages. This means that people with low RAM (due to having a lot of entries in their VAT as chickendude said) still can run it since the program is less than 20KB (with more data outside). This also means that you must send a PokeTxt appvar (according to the chosen language of course) to your calculator.

-Beginnings of a Pokedex. This is not my work but Nikitouzz's work. He made it himself because he knew I would not make it myself seeing how I said it was an useless feature. This also means the apparition of a new appvar, named... PokeDEX -.-°

-THE DEUTSCH PART OF THE README IS OUTDATED.
If someone talking <English and Deutsch> or <French and Deutsch> had some time, I'd be glad to see it updated. I didn't change a lot of things in the readme anyway but it would still be a great idea to check every word in there.
In the meanwhile, please refer to the English or the French part of the readme if you have any problem.
omgosh I literally just downloaded this game yesterday and then today I came here and saw this!!! THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I love it the only bad thing is is that the game is half French half English and I only know English, therefore making it really hard to understand!!!! please make an option or port for full English!!!!!!! thank you very much I love this game!!!!
What ? It has been a long time it is available in full English. Just send the right PokeSPL appvar and the right PokeTxt appvar and everything should be in English (except the external linking program).
Congrats on being featured on Ticalc.org!
ordelore wrote:
Congrats on being featured on Ticalc.org!
Seconded, that was a well-deserved feature. I hope everyone stops downloading that horrible and incomplete Pokemon Red game now that you published this.
Thanks both of you, and thanks to ticalc.org too Smile
That gives me more motivation for the next update (once I fix Windows 7 so that it accepts me to arrange my folders to my liking).

On a related note, I edited my sig to use a smaller gif (180KB→55KB), for people without a fast connection.
Regarding the signature, thank you for doing that. We mostly frown on animated signatures for that exact reason (plus the visual distraction of animated signatures), so we appreciate the effort to make it smaller and more unobtrusive. If you do work on a new update, don't forget to keep your topic here updated with progress! I'm sure you'll have plenty of avid users.
Congrats indeed about the feature! Very Happy

Also yeah about signatures it's a good move, Kerm. I still remember the infamous Randomist/Insanity/Pyro_xp2k smiley sig in 2006.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours