souvik1997 wrote:
Thanks Kerm! I hope to have screenshots tomorrow, if I can figure out what is causing Brass to throw errors.
Care to quickly post the errors before I sleep?
I can't right now (iPhone), but they seem to be typos, nothing very serious.
souvik1997 wrote:
I can't right now (iPhone), but they seem to be typos, nothing very serious.
Ah, that's fair enough, best of luck!
This code keeps giving me a RAM clear. Sad
http://pastebin.com/szizBKdz
souvik1997 wrote:
This code keeps giving me a RAM clear. Sad
http://pastebin.com/szizBKdz
Nothing is immediately jumping out at me when I read MainMenu. Does it crash in there? Before or after it displays anything? A small optimization note: you can load immediates to de, like "ld de,gbuf+45", no need to load to hl and exchange de and hl. Smile
The menu looks weird, and it crashes in there.
*bump
I discovered a possible reason why my code isn't working. I'll fix it tomorrow.
Any luck with this? Do you mean that the menu looks weird when it first renders, or after you start pressing buttons? What's your suspected fix?
My fix is to set the byte in RAM that controls the menu choice to zero, but the results are the same. I'll try to get a screenshot of it.
souvik1997 wrote:
My fix is to set the byte in RAM that controls the menu choice to zero, but the results are the same. I'll try to get a screenshot of it.
Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to that so that I'll be able to help you solve the problem.
*bump* Any progress on this? I'm raring to see more progress on CnT!
Sorry, I haven't been able to make any progress on this because I'm trying to figure out what's causing the bug in the menu. I think I have all the multiplayer routines done now, so I just have to debug those routines.

EDIT: Here's that screenshot I promised.
I hope you changed your ld hl,blah \ ex de,hl lines to ld de,blah. Right before you copy the menu item picture, you have ld hl,plotSScreen+536 \ ex de,hl. Where did you get 536 from? You should write it as 12*something, which will make sure that it's properly aligned to the edge of the screen.

Edit: Also, calling your up/down routines instead of jumping is a very bad idea.
Oops, that should have been 636, not 536. >_< And I'll change the ex de,hl statements and the calls, thanks.
souvik1997 wrote:
Oops, that should have been 636, not 536. >_< And I'll change the ex de,hl statements and the calls, thanks.
Sure thing. I'm not hugely confident that that will fix things, but it's at least worth a try.
Alright, the menu is now displaying correctly. Smile The key detection still isn't working, though.
souvik1997 wrote:
Alright, the menu is now displaying correctly. Smile The key detection still isn't working, though.
Mind posting the updated code for that?
Here: http://pastebin.com/y403qnc5
souvik1997 wrote:
You call MainMenu but then jump into LetTheGamesBegin. That's bad for the stack depth, besides not making sense. Sad Also, it's always smaller and faster to do inc a / dec a instead of add a,1 / sub 1.
I did add a,1 and sub 1 because I thought inc and dec do not affect the carry flag. :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 26 of 28
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours