Okay, I've just gone ahead and added all the If:Then blocks so I can move on. I'll come back at a later time and readjust them if necessary (since the program is already 2.5K in size and I haven't added any of the options or abilities from different appliances).

I think at this point, what I need to do is figure out the "theme" of the game, the characters, and what items they will have.

I'm shooting for the classic "Melee/Archer/Mage" RPG, but each is a different character. It will be job-based, but the person will have to work on their house to get more upgrades, in conjunction with just leveling up.

Any ideas? I could really use some help coming up with unique character names, overall theme for the game, etc.
Hmmm, overall theme. Since you seem to be going for a modern house with modern appliances, I think it should be slightly satirical of modern like (corporate warrior? Smile). I think the character names will follow once you figure out your overarching theme.
The appliances aren't really too modern, but they can change. I could make it work for a modern corporate warrior if melee/mage/archer each had different jobs/job skills, and the appliances in the home were things like coffee maker and such. Not sure how I'd be able to do the combat side of things.
Quote:
12:54:29 (C) _player1537: Will do Very Happy
12:54:20 (#) Kerm: POST THAT IN THE TOPIC
12:54:14 (#) Kerm: I love it!
12:54:12 (#) Kerm: hehe
12:53:46 (C) _player1537: If I had any sort of creative talent, I would so do Beta's theme for him. That idea sounds amazing! Very Happy Your boss is an evil tyrant and you have to go through the office killing all the zombie coworkers (>.>) and then you'd get appliances like a coffe maker and you can throw it at the zombies to momentarily stun them (<.<) and then you could use yoga or something to regain health (>.>) But it's beta's game Razz
12:52:50 (#) Kerm: ooooh?
12:51:54 (C) _player1537: Oooh

That was an idea I had for the theme of it, use it if you want Smile
I heartily approve! Beta7, I meant modern as in "after the Medieval Ages" with reference to your theme vs. archers etc. Smile
Okay, I'll take your idea, player. However, the appliances will have to be bought, and they will be items that stay in the house for upgrades to the user's stats. I'll start coming up with other appliances.

Any more ideas for appliances, jobs/skills (would like to have 2, if not 3, different characters a player can choose from, though that isn't totally necessary), and weapons to use in combat?
It depends how much you like this "corporate warrior" concept that we've been tossing around. If you like it, there are a lot of directions in which it could go.
I like the corporate warrior idea. I was thinking I could make the player's movements cost energy, which one gets from coffee. Then food would be used to either heal or give stat bonuses (oven-made food is health and microwave-made food is stats). I haven't figured out what the other rooms (other than a gym, a garage, and a living room) should be, and I'm open to ideas for just about anything (not entirely sure I want to go zombies, though; too cliche in my opinion).
I don't think they should be literal zombies, more like company drones that sit in their cubicles, wander to meetings, and talk about leveraging synergy to enact a radical paradigm shift.
I've gone about as far as I can on the house; I don't know what to have as appliances, items, or jobs/missions. Anyone have ideas for any of the above, or anything in general for the game?
Beta7 wrote:
I've gone about as far as I can on the house; I don't know what to have as appliances, items, or jobs/missions. Anyone have ideas for any of the above, or anything in general for the game?
Well, there's tons you can do on jobs, like marketing, engineering, research, teaching, blue-collar things like construction etc (which fit less into the Corporate Warrior thing). Have you had any further thoughts on your own?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours