I have discussed this a little bit on Omnimaga, and I think it's time to put it on here, too.
I am working on a game using Axe parser called Half-Life 2: On-Calc. It will cover the entire original storyline of Half-Life 2, on your calculator.
Here's a screenshot:
Prepare for dozens of emails regarding how people cannot get the HDR settings to work right.
Lol, I will.
I also plan to release the graphics/physics engine to the public under the name Source Wink
My friend put HL2 on a piece of paper:
Hope to see some more screenshots soon, SirCmpwn Razz
I am working through an odd physics problem, but as soon as I get that fixed, I should be able to have the character interact with objects on-screen, and after that I will definately release screenies.
Update @ http://ourl.ca/4294/84655;topicseen#new
One hell of a jump! Evil or Very Mad
SirCmpwn wrote:
Very nice, but it looks like you could have saved yourself a lot of coding by just using my M-Game engine. Smile
Link?
Never heard of it.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Link?
Never heard of it.
That's because I never finished it, yet another remarkable oversight on my part. Here's some linksauce and a screenie:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75214#75214

I would love to see a download of this and play around a bit.
*Epic necrobump* Thanks to the user who reminded me of this long-ago project. I guess it's been discontinued?
I'm picking it up after Motherload.
SirCmpwn wrote:
OK, sounds good. After all the complaints about "TI-Gnome" that led to it becoming DwarfVM, are you considering renaming this to something other than Half Life to more closely identify what kind of game it is, or are you happy with the name for now?
KermMartian wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:
OK, sounds good. After all the complaints about "TI-Gnome" that led to it becoming DwarfVM, are you considering renaming this to something other than Half Life to more closely identify what kind of game it is, or are you happy with the name for now?

I'm not even going to entertain any more arguments about how I name my programs for a while.
You might not entertain them, but the realistic fact is that people do still tend to be very opinionated, so if "TI-Gnome" brought complaints and uneasiness, I could easily see "Half Life 2" being equally controversial. Smile
IMHO, if there isn't a lawsuit, everybody can shove-it. Pardon me, but I'm so tired of people thinking their opinion matters where it doesn't. It's a name for christ's sake. They'll get over it. ^^,

Unless I'm coming out with a calculator shell and naming it DoorsCS, or coming out with the next bestselling PC game and naming it Half-Life, I'm sure we're all fine here. We're not talking about conflicting names in the same field. What we are talking about is a simple non-profit game developed by a hobbyist. Whoever wants to complain may, but I would just tell them to shut the hell up and continue on your course XD

Just my opinion Smile
swivelgames wrote:

Unless I'm coming out with a calculator shell and naming it DoorsCS...

Have I mentioned my latest project, MechanicallyOperatedSlabOfWoodOnHingesCS? Razz
No. you have not. you should not. Just Joking!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours