I want to use a regular headphone jack for it is this possible I know how to solder and I’m good at it.
Most likely yes. Just know you'll have to change your silver link cable as well so you can still transfer data to the calculator. You'll also need to be sure your new port has the contacts in the exact same positions.

This sounds like a low-risk project if you're good at soldering, go for it.
I am not the most experienced calculator developer out there, but here's my two cents:
*There's mini USB to headphone jacks out there like this one so you don't even need to solder anything, although I haven't tested this out or anything, so it might not work like expected.
*I don't think there's a way to easily store any audio on a calculator. You could probably make a program to encode and decode, say, an MP3 file into letters and numbers, but that may or may not be a lot of work for both you and anyone wanting to put said audio on a calculator.

Note that I am assuming that you are using the TI-84 Plus CE, but the same principal should hold true for most calculators I can think of.
Bohrium_Cobolt wrote:
I am not the most experienced calculator developer out there, but here's my two cents:
*There's mini USB to headphone jacks out there like this one so you don't even need to solder anything, although I haven't tested this out or anything, so it might not work like expected.
*I don't think there's a way to easily store any audio on a calculator. You could probably make a program to encode and decode, say, an MP3 file into letters and numbers, but that may or may not be a lot of work for both you and anyone wanting to put said audio on a calculator.

Note that I am assuming that you are using the TI-84 Plus CE, but the same principal should hold true for most calculators I can think of.

Yes but I use a ti 83
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Most likely yes. Just know you'll have to change your silver link cable as well so you can still transfer data to the calculator. You'll also need to be sure your new port has the contacts in the exact same positions.

This sounds like a low-risk project if you're good at soldering, go for it.
This is the answer. If you want to avoid removing the existing link port, you could carefully solder three wires between the current link port and a new 3.5mm jack, mount it on the mainboard in an empty space, and drill a corresponding hole in the case.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours