elfprince13 wrote:
/me points out that Stuffit pwns WinRAR and 7z together.

psh, winrar == greatest ever Razz but I just used the good ol' archive-manager in Gnome, which was smart enough to figure out that the .tig was just a zip file (since linux file extensions are generally ignored and the file CONTENTS determine its type) and open it with a simple double-click Rolling Eyes
7zip pwns WinRAR, since it doesn't have any annoying shareware nag screens.
KermMartian wrote:
7zip pwns WinRAR, since it doesn't have any annoying shareware nag screens.

looks like someone missed out on the free version of winrar Razz (it was a promotion when it won a softy award)
yeah, a lot of us missed out on that (but still, I liked 7-zip a lot better anyways).
Kllrnohj wrote:
vampirate wrote:
if I double click it it doesn't know what application to open it with. Is there anyway you could repackage it as a .8xg or whatever the old format for group was?

its a zip file - i told you that. Rolling Eyes So open up whatever crappy archive program Mac's have, and open the .tig. If it can't figure out that its a zip, then rename the .tig file to .zip - then you can extract all them nice .8xp's just fine

Wow, so that actually worked. I really didn't think it would. Quite odd. Now I should be able to transfer it! Smile

EDIT: Ok so, I tried it. I tried compiling the hello world program you provided in the readme. It gave me a domain error at the line that says "sub(Str1,1,Ans-1->Str2"

EDIT2: I realized the hello world program had a bunch of extra blank space in it, so I deleted that and tried again, this time a domain error came up at sub(Str1,B+1,length(Str1)-B->Str1

heh, EDIT3: Also, on a side note, my calculator will not produce random numbers anymore. Whenever I do any basic random function it will continuously give me the lowest number in the range. Has this happened to anyone?

EDIT4: heh, this is turning into a blog about my calculator, I reset all memory on my calc and it cleared up the non-randomness problem. Your compiler still comes up with the same errors.
Did you actually put the colons on each line? If so, that would be the problem.
No, I didn't put the colons on each line, that would be silly.
Was the error during the "SETTING UP..." part?
I had a similar problem when I tried to compile the Hello World program.

It spent about 15 minutes setting up, then I got bored with it and cleared my RAM.

That's about it.

I am going to try it again sometime soon to see if the same thing happens.

How long is it supposed to take to set up?

I am using a 84+SE with OS 2.41
It should only take a few seconds... Confused

Edit: You do have DEFHDR on your calc, don't you?
yeah. I type in HELLO as that is the name of my program and then it says SETTING UP and then ERR:INVLAID. I guess before it was a domain error. Hmmm. Still not working regardless.
Yeah, it's there.
What does it look like inside? It might have been corrupted.
Yeah I think I might have corrupted things when I was messing with chasm (which also doesn't work for me.) Anyway, I erased all the compile7 programs and reloaded them along with the hello program. Now it's gone back to ERR: DOMAIN and bringing me to sub(Str1,1,Ans-1->Str2
Oh, I forgot I actually included a sample program. I thought you were talking about the one in the readme. Try using the readme one instead.
You included a sample program? I've been using the one out of the readme. :p
I'm getting confused. I can't remember whether I included one or not. At least I know the one in the animated screenshot works...
I changed my HELLO world program to look exactly like the one in your animated screen and it still doesn't work.
vampirate wrote:
Wow, so that actually worked. I really didn't think it would. Quite odd. Now I should be able to transfer it! Smile

bah, you dare doubt me? Razz
Very Happy Wow, TI ripped off the zip file format for .tig. Why am I totally unsurprised?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours