Since I am bored of making all these super classic arcade games, such as tunnel and avalanche, I really wan't to make something much more interesting, something people would ACTUALLY want to play. Could you guys think up some of your favorite arcade games (simple ones, and arcade, please no rpgs) and I will try to remake them? Very Happy Thanks.
Do bridge games count?
My favorite game is Geometry Dash, which I'm actually very good at Razz I would love to see it come to Axe, although I'm also learning Axe to tackle it myself Very Happy

I think mobile games are great starting points (in my opinion).
I don't have a phone currently... so...yeah. I think there is already a geometry dash clone somewhere on ticalc. I havn't tried it though.

Bridge meaning the cardgame? I think that would be too tough Razz
Switchblade wrote:
I don't have a phone currently... so...yeah. I think there is already a geometry dash clone somewhere on ticalc. I havn't tried it though.

Bridge meaning the cardgame? I think that would be too tough Razz

Bridge would be tough! Razz

The only Geometry Dash on the 83+ I've seen is the clone "The Impossible Game", but it doesn't include other gamemodes; just the cube is used. Even if it was just the ship, or ball, that would be cool Very Happy

Might I suggest this?
I guess I will need to get good at tilemapping again! These all seem pretty difficult to remake since I can't play them... I was thinking about remaking alto's adventures, except that it is not on a horizontal plane so it would be really tought.

EDIT:

I am going to make an engine for a side scroller, than I can pretty much make the maps and sprites for any game. I will have to refresh my memory on appvars - I have a topic on codewalrus where I asked some questions concerning them, and I can just review those.
Switchblade wrote:
I was thinking about remaking alto's adventures, except that it is not on a horizontal plane so it would be really tought.

I love playing Alto's Adventure, especially because of the scenery! If you decide to go with Slayin' or any other game that you aren't able to play, I'll be happy to help out Very Happy
Great idea! Once you get more familiar with axe, we can do this together. Or, you can make the maps and sprites, while I make the engine.
The game of trying to connect to free wifi.

Edit: that was initially a joke, but I have an idea for making it reality. Oh man...

Prepare for much stupidity in ~1 week...
I meant bridge building game, not bridge the card game.

Although now that we're talking about card games, how about Yu-Gi-Oh with 2004 ruleset and cards? I only have to include a base 1000 cards and the scripting isn't that bad. Images only have to be small thumbnails, although I suppose that's a project for myself..
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
The game of trying to connect to free wifi.

Edit: that was initially a joke, but I have an idea for making it reality. Oh man...

Prepare for much stupidity in ~1 week...

This would be awesome. Imagine the chat programs you could make to run over that! Very Happy
Close, but not quite. I was thinking of a game where there are hotspots on a map, and you have to find the ones with a) a good signal, and b) are unlocked Smile

I'm like 90% done, making a gif right now!
You aren't talking real wifi, are you? Surprised
No Sad

Post coming in 1-2 days, I'm doing some major bug fixes/improvements.
Oh, ok, I thought you meant connecting a call to free wifi. The game will still be really cool, though Very Happy
Well, IRL, it is a game. One could say I'm porting that to calculator. In a way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours