Hmm... I wouldn't give that to a child as a present, they would get too carried away and a Star-Wars massacre would be on the 11-o'clock news. It looks pretty cool, but I bet if you break it some toxic gas would leak out.
alex10819 wrote:
Wait, it's a perpetual motion device?

Not quite, but it's designed to waste a minimal amount of power. Coronal discharges when striking another saber, and the energy put into burning through other substances are the big power drains, but obviously some amount will also be lost as heat and EM output.
someone plan ahead, to have one of your decendents use time-traveling tech that will probably be invented eventually to send a real lightsaber which will also probably be invented eventually back in time to you
That would create a different universe from this one, so we(in this universe) would never see that lightsaber.
DShiznit wrote:
That would create a different universe from this one, so we(in this universe) would never see that lightsaber.

playing for a moment with the rules of a branching timeline, you, as you exist now, would have existed in both universes, and so you with all your current memories could very well see that lightsaber. It just so happens that the you trapped in the unbranched universe would not.

but since I don't subscribe to many-worlds, I think you'll have better luck constructing a finite-improbability drive (the predecessor to the Heart of Gold) and using that in your quest for lightsaber acquisition, rather than trying to branch the timeline.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours