DShiznit wrote:
That's possible I guess, but I don't see a majority of PC gamers being for piracy. This needs more study I think.

Read my edit - I addressed that.
I'm not sure your qualified to make such a bold assessment of what society as a whole thinks, I think it would be more fair to suggest society is deeply split on the issue, given that so many are pirating, not just games, but movies and music too.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/how-win-any.php
DShiznit wrote:
I'm not sure your qualified to make such a bold assessment of what society as a whole thinks, I think it would be more fair to suggest society is deeply split on the issue, given that so many are pirating, not just games, but movies and music too.

So you are proposing that the capitalist society we live in is a lie and that deep down everyone is really a communist? Sure thing, buddy. Rolling Eyes
If mommy is a commie, then you gotta turn her in.
Fortunately, Blu-ray discs seems to be exempt from unskippable anti-piracy films or trailers thus far; the worst I've endured are a couple of studio logos before the menu, but most go straight in.

This could well be because hardware Blu-ray players apparently have very long loading times (I've only used my PC, which loads discs instantly, and the PS3, which is pretty quick).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Two false assumptions.

1) You can believe that something is wrong while still doing it.

I lol'd.
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

So you are proposing that the capitalist society we live in is a lie and that deep down everyone is really a communist? Sure thing, buddy. Rolling Eyes

No, I'm suggesting everyone has their own set of opinions and that neither of us really have the research needed to back up any statements of what "society as a whole" may or may not think about this issue.
http://www.infoaddict.com/ubisofts-new-drm-cracked-in-under-25-hours

well i guess that settles it
The DRM itself hasn't been cracked, they merely exploited a built in patching mechanism that disables the requirement for constant Internet connectivity
elfprince13 wrote:
The DRM itself hasn't been cracked, they merely exploited a built in patching mechanism that disables the requirement for constant Internet connectivity

Bypassing the DRM is the same as cracking it.
Also, the authentication servers are down, so anyone playing an uncracked version isn't playing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/07/ubisoft-drm-authentification-server-is-down-assassins-creed-2/
I laughing so hard i is having heart attack Smile
I enjoyed reading the rage-filled thread attached to that news article. Way to epic-fail, Ubisoft. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours