JoostinOnline wrote:
No, I said that I would rather use IE7 Razz . I don't want to use FFx as much because it takes up more memory, is slower (at least on my computer), and requires DLing addons so I can use all the features that I currently use in IE7.

So try Opera - it comes with a ton of features out of the box, and is pretty fast.

Oh, and FFx owns IE's face in terms of speed: http://www.pannonrex.com/blog/?p=25#more-25
Kllrnohj wrote:
JoostinOnline wrote:
No, I said that I would rather use IE7 Razz . I don't want to use FFx as much because it takes up more memory, is slower (at least on my computer), and requires DLing addons so I can use all the features that I currently use in IE7.

So try Opera - it comes with a ton of features out of the box, and is pretty fast.

its faster the FF, especially the javascript engine, and it has WAY more out of the box features than IE7 (integrated email, bittorrent and irc, mouse gestures, and voice control if you take the time to push one key on your keyboard and run through setup), while still allowing some of the customization of firefox.
JoostinOnline wrote:

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/IE7-vs-Firefox-2-0-vs-Opera-9-20-4.png

Hey, look at that. FFx uses less RAM than IE. It also owns IE's face in speed: http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/IE7-vs-Firefox-2-0-vs-Opera-9-20-3.png

Opera is the clear winner in both of those categories, but the lack of extensions and idiotic tab behavior that I can't change piss the hell out of me, so I'm sticking with Firefox.

The clear looser by miles is IE7 in every. single. category. So, anyone who likes and uses IE7 willingly is also clearly a looser.
Firefox beats Opera in some areas (cold start and tab issues kll mentioned) but Ie fails in all of them.
Quote:
but the lack of extensions

widgets are cool though Razz

Quote:
and idiotic tab behavior that I can't change piss the hell out of me, so I'm sticking with Firefox.

what exactly do you dislike about Opera tabs?

also: Opera is better at a cold start on low resource machines like mine due to its superior RAM management :p
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
and idiotic tab behavior that I can't change piss the hell out of me, so I'm sticking with Firefox.

what exactly do you dislike about Opera tabs?

The last time I used Opera (9.0 I *think*) it always switched back to the last viewed page when a tab was closed, whereas firefox just goes to the next in the list. Opera had no option to change it - I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, so I dumped it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours