36%  [ 4 ]
I thought it was okay
 18%  [ 2 ]
I didn't like it, but it was a good attempt
 9%  [ 1 ]
I hated it
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

I loved it. Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but loved it.

The Good:
---------------------------------------
Looks just like the game, very colorful
Love this movie's take on all the characters
--Bowser is a loveable, but at the same time very threatening, villain. Jack Black steals the show
--I found it humorous that Mario hates mushrooms
--Peach is, imho, a good of example of a good female hero that isn't a "Mary Sue"
--Some people say that Luigi isn't utilized well, but I think the ending redeems him
--Toad is great as an adventurer and loyal sidekick with no annoying squeaky voice
--Donkey Kong is fun as a misunderstood jerk who's full of himself
--Good 'ol Kranky Kong
--Laughed at their take on Lumalee
Awesome blue shell moment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
A love letter to fans. Packed with references and Easter Eggs, and doesn't pretend to be something it's not. I agree with those who mention that there's relatively little story, but I didn't feel like I was watching a ninety-minute playthrough, I felt like I was watching a movie

The Bad:
---------------------------------------
The pacing was rushed. A couple of scenes could have been removed to help with this. (Imhhhho we didn't need to see them build karts if it meant some scenes could have been extended)
No dialogue made me cringe or groan, but I would have changed a few lines of predictable or uninteresting dialogue
Too many blink-and-you'll-miss it moments (example: sweeping through the rock concert before Bowser's take-over-the-world speech). The movie didn't need to be jam-packed with Easter Eggs; it felt like ten or twenty Easter Eggs too many
For this movie, the story's fine, especially since the movie probably needed to play things safe given the disaster of the original Live-Action Mario Movie. For a future movie like Donkey Kong Country, I hope for more story.
I was surprised how much I liked it! Bowser's attraction to Peach was weird, but I think that was the point. I would've liked to see Luigi learn to stand up for himself more but otherwise I didn't have any major qualms with the movie. I haven't played enough Nintendo games to catch all the million Easter eggs they added so I didn't feel overwhelmed on that front.

I really loved the music! I think the composer did a fantastic job of making the songs clearly inspired by the original tracks but without sounding forced.

Definitely a good movie, would recommend.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours