Hello Smile

I'm about to buy my first calculator and I am going for something used and cheap, around $25. (here where I am, it's considered not a little money Razz)

Both calculators look fantastic, it basically boils down to:

- Casio fx-9750GIII vs Casio fx-CG20
- Battery life ca. 200hr vs 140hr
- Micropython yes/no
- Fast b/w graphing vs slower graphing due to larger ammount of pixels, but color display
- Nice b/w display that gives it traditional calculator feel vs modern lcd that's a bit washed out
- 3MB internal storage vs 16MB
- 63000 bytes vs 61000 bytes of ram
- 2022 (which means more updates / new software coming out) vs 2011

My use-case will be at home, I like using calculators more than my phone, though Wolfram alpha is pretty nice. I'm teaching myself higher math, so I figured it would be nice to have. I will also be putting khiCAS on it. Generally, just want a calculator to enjoy it, it will probably never see an exam.

That's about it. Which one out of those two, or some other calculators would you people reccomend? Thank you Smile
P.S. I posted this in two places on the internet, sorry if you see it double.
If it helps, I've heard of the g3 and own one, but never the cg20, and I know at least a couple other Cemetechians own g3s, plus a bunch of people on TI-planet, so there will be at least some people who know how the g3 works, and there are a couple programs for it.
sJRw wrote:
If it helps, I've heard of the g3 and own one, but never the cg20, and I know at least a couple other Cemetechians own g3s, plus a bunch of people on TI-planet, so there will be at least some people who know how the g3 works, and there are a couple programs for it.

CG20 is basically CG10. And I just got an offer for G3 for $26 or CG10 for $32.5.
Can't decide now, and I can get only one!! Aaaaaaaaah!! Laughing

Here are pictures of both: https://imgur.com/a/e0InvA3

They both seem fine and damage free, right?
Personally, I would recommend the fx-CG50, which is faster and has microPython support.

However, I don't know what the price difference would be.
dr-carlos wrote:
Personally, I would recommend the fx-CG50, which is faster and has microPython support.

However, I don't know what the price difference would be.

Personally I'd go for it myself if budget permitted Very Happy As it is, it's probably CG10 since it seems to be much more supported in community

I'll go for CG10! Much better community support

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours