Do you think I should do this?
Yes, totally
 100%  [ 9 ]
No, not at all
 0%  [ 0 ]
I need to learn more programming languages before doing this
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Soo.... I've had an idea. A lot of people are bored here at my Job Corps center. A few of them happened to bring calculators. What better way to spread the word than to start a programming club and show them how awesome Cemetech is?

What do you Cemetechians think of my idea? Is it worth it, or should I drop it?
I think it's a great idea! Even if you don't know a ton of programming languages yourself, the beauty of something like a club is that people with knowledge can share it, and people without can learn, even if the organizer is one of the people learning. I look forward to hearing how this goes.
Great idea! I would like to do something like that in my highschool or faculty (when I pass the PAU).

But in Spain a Graphing Calculator is a nerd item, very few people have one. They will laugh of me if I would prupose them this. Obiuosly graphing calculators are banned in highschools.

You are lucky for can doing it!
KermMartian wrote:
I think it's a great idea! Even if you don't know a ton of programming languages yourself, the beauty of something like a club is that people with knowledge can share it, and people without can learn, even if the organizer is one of the people learning. I look forward to hearing how this goes.

Thank you for the support, Kerm!

First... I was thinking of something that is easy (and something we've all probably worked with, and also the one language that I actually know): TI-Basic. I know how to work with monochrome and color, so that's a bonus. Most people here have amazingly NOT heard of the CE. Can't blame them though. Job Corps is rather isolated. And none of them know how to put games on their Graphing Calculator . Something that I will be fixing in the near future.

Oh, and speaking of the near future, I need to get the club approved first. And... I need reasons that this should get approved. I have a list, but it is a very short list. It needs to be a LOT longer. So can you guys please help me get a few reasons why programming in general is good for us?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours