0%  [ 0 ]
Casio Prizm
 0%  [ 0 ]
TI-89 Titanium
 5%  [ 1 ]
TI-84 Plus CE
 88%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 17

Since I now have the money, from my birthday and all that, I'm trying to decide which calculator to purchase from a list of five. I've had trouble deciding myself, so I'm asking for Cemetech's experienced opinion on which newer calculator is best to "expand my programming horizons" from my current knowledge of TI-83 Plus BASIC.

Attached is a poll.
I recommend the CE, because it supports C and it is the most actively developed for calculator right now, I believe. The Prime apparently has a very powerful Basic language, as well, if you don't want to learn C.
Just my two cents Wink
I already know C Very Happy

And doesn't the Prizm support C as well?
The Prizm supports C.

I have a HP Prime, and gets freezed usually. Its basic, HPPPL is very powerfull, but is very tedious to program on calculator. It can't run compiled programs, only interpreted code, so you can't use all if its power.

I recommend you the TI-84 Plus CE or Casio Prizm, if you prefer casio.

The good part of the TI-84+CE is the big community and it has many developers.

PD: With the 30€ of my birthday, I've bought a very used TI-84-SE in Cash Converters. I come from casio, but TI world is amazing
I don't think I really need anything else. With six votes for the 84+ CE and nothing else, I think that's what I'll get unless someone says otherwise.

EDIT: The HP Prime looks awesome as well, although I do laugh at how it calls itself a "smart phone competitor". Maybe I'll get that one instead, depending on the price and availability.
Alright, the 84 Plus CE is coming in the mail. Got it in Bright White Very Happy
Enjoy the white one; I'm jealous that you get to give it a try! I hope you'll show it off in the Post Your Calculator Collection topic when it arrives. How many calculators does that bring you to now, two?
Couple more, actually. for graphing calculators, that's 4. Including scientific calculators, that's 12. Including cheap four function ones, that's 20.
The TI-Nspire is an awesome calculator, but Since all the recent developments, the CE is looking like a great choice. If not a CE, a TI-Nspire.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours