I don't know if it belongs here, but I think it does (I still feel like a newb here). Recently I've found a pair of earbuds that fit into the I/O port of my TI-84+ SE. I wondered what I could do with it, so I looked for some programs online and of course I found mobileTunes 3.0. I found a z80 assembly IDE from oshonsoft.com, and I also downloaded TASM. I went through the online conversion process using the MIDI for Bohemian Rhapsody (yes, I know that one might have been a little much for a calculator) and eventually I got it onto my calculator. It didn't sound very good, so I decided to experiment with adding and taking away different tracks. Then I copied and pasted to the z80 IDE, and tried assembling. But this time, I got around 2000 errors, and it would not assemble. I don't remember how I got it to work before. Does anyone think they can help me?
First, welcome to Cemetech!
Second, can you post the exact code you tried to assemble on pastebin or something se we can see it?
And lastly, I would recommend using a more modern assembler like Brass or spasm-ng
Even easier would be to paste the code into SourceCoder 3 and assemble (it has spasm-ng built into a web interface). What kind of errors were they? I wouldn't be surprised if they were undefined functions/symbols because the notes.inc file could not be found.
I didn't know that SourceCoder 3 had a z80 compilation, that will sure come in hand. Anyway, I still get the errors and the program won't compile. The errors are because of the undefined functions/symbols. How do I get around this?
If you look at the very top of the errors, I bet it tells you that it can't find the mobileTunes 3.0 include (.inc) file. You should put it in a place where your assembler can find it.
I did put the mt3notes.inc file into the only folder the IDE has. But it still won't assemble. The first error it gives me is an "Unrecognized instruction" error, on Line 1 which reads:
#include "mt3notes.inc"
Still not sure what exactly is happening.
Edit:
Nevermind, I fixed it by using the Doors CS 7 SDK to compile the asm program, which I wrote in Notepad. Sorry for the bothersome questions, I didn't realize the solution was that easy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours