We all know that we want a program for a calculator that can do this, or that, but is just impossible. So post them here, and someone might be able to figure it out in the future. I, for one, would like a program that can do google maps, but I know that this is not yet possible.

So go on ahead.... What's your impossible program?
A web browser...

*continues to look for CALCnet*
solarsoftware wrote:
A web browser...

*continues to look for CALCnet*

Gossamer?
And Something I would love to see and that I don't see why it isn't possible, is a usb driver (usb8x, but that would allow such a file to be used) that could get huge apps from a usb key and be able to use them just fine. I mean something like trusound, but the actual app could be stored in a usb key, allowing the user to actually have a descent amount of music and use his calculator to play it, rather than having to be limited to the sad 500 kb to store 20 seconds of a song...Even if the usb key would have to be formatted in fat16, I still think this would be something 100% worth investing time in Razz
Gossamer isn't on the CSE.

Like CALCnet...
A correspondence command that works for all formats, where you can say that a list of values are supposed to be equal to another list, without having to use a string of If statements, or use a format converter.
Also a function to format text (like TextLib) in BASIC
A number & list to string command, a "do-not-check-for-errors" mode (which should be about double speed), better work with sub( and inString( commands...
Nik wrote:
A number & list to string command, a "do-not-check-for-errors" mode (which should be about double speed), better work with sub( and inString( commands...

But if it doesn't check for errors, then people would have their calculators crashing and resetting all over the place... However, it would be quite nice if you are 100% certain your code is fine. But honestly, more speed on everything when it comes to calculators would be a good thing, I think I've seen a post a long time ago about someone who looked at how floating point math was done and noticed it could be about 10% faster. If this is true, then that's actually quite a big difference, especially in programs that have a lot of random calculations. I say ti needs to release an amateur programmer calculator with all sorts of different things such as the ones mentioned above, with better hardware of course! Make it not aloud during exams, whatever Razz
Something that shows all of the work for you, so you have the answer and the work needed to get it...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours