Without making this a topic on what is better. Let's come together to find out who is getting what and perhaps we can play a few games together! I know this will be a slow topic since a lot of our members are either high school students without jobs or college students with jobs but no time due to research on masters and doctorate degrees.

If you're not getting it on launch follow along anyways. The holidays are near and if you know you are getting an Xbox One and a few users here have Titanfall you might just want to ask for that!

I've got my reserve in for a PS4 and will have Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts & #Driveclub on launch. Before I get criticized for spending a lot of money, I reserved the PS4 the day after launch and have paid that off at GameStop over time. The PSN Store is running a promo where if you spend 50 dollars you get 10 dollars back as store credit. Activision (Ghosts) & EA (Battlefield) are partnering with Sony to promote Next Gen adoption by making the DLC's of their games require one purchase AND (more importantly) it only costs $10 dollars to upgrade to the PS4 digital version. So, 20 dollars back in store credit from the two games (59.99 each) to use for the PS4 upgrade and I'm getting the PS4 copies for free. #Driveclub is also free because I'm a PS+ Subscriber, and if you haven't heard PS+ is required for online play so really everyone will have it.

Aside from those 3 games, I'm eyeing a few others such as The Order: 1886, Thief & Dying Light. I also might pick up Madden 25, or next years release, eventually.

What are you guys getting? What launch games? If this gets a bit busy with feedback and cooperative feedback I'll consolidate games and consoles into a list on this post.
I am a Nintendo person so I am looking at a Wii U. The 2DS is not even worth the money for me since I have a 3DS XL already. Pokemon X and Y should be mentioned too.
Gonna give my Steam collection (and Starcraft 2) a boost whenever the Macbook Pro updates. I'm only very rarely interested in console gaming (where "very rarely" is a synonym for "Halo parties and Super Smash Bros").
Well, I have my 3DSes, and numerous games coming out for them that will keep me preoccupied for a while. But I will eventually get a new xbox system, just going to hold out and wait for that price drop.
PC MASTER RACE!

That said I may pick up a Wii U to mess with linux at some point. And I may turn my current machine into a SteamMachine at some point after I build a new main rig.
tifreak8x wrote:
... I will eventually get a new xbox system, just going to hold out and wait for that price drop.

As this being possibly the closest thing preventing this thread from failure, do you mean the 360 or the Xbox One?
I'm also going to have to vote for the hidden fourth option, PC gaming. I continue to find it the most satisfying platform on which to game, not to mention that the amount of cash that I have on hand can dictate how good of a piece of gaming hardware I can get. I'm not thrilled about being stuck with one set of hardware, a la consoles. Even more important, I do extremely poorly playing with a controller, especially in my beloved FPS games.
Gaming Computers seem to be a popular choice despite them not being a console (even Kerm seems to agree) or that they are not next generation since they are updated incrementally. Next Generation CPUs and GPUs, okay, but Windows PCs aren't released on a yearly (or 6+ year) time table.

KermMartian wrote:
I'm also going to have to vote for the hidden fourth option, PC gaming.

I wasn't aware there was a third; PS4 or Xbox One. Wii U came out like a year ago and comes marginally close to the PS3 and 360.
I currently got a Wii U, but mainly for the Mario games. Otherwise I found myself playing the SNES, NES, Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis more often than any other consoles lately.

I only really play just one PC game (Starcraft II Six Pools of Victory expansion).

I might get one of the other consoles at one point, but unless I end up with a lot of money, only when they drop under $250.
KermMartian wrote:
Even more important, I do extremely poorly playing with a controller, especially in my beloved FPS games.

Everyone does. This is why they don't have cross-platform multiplayer. And console FPSes basically have to have builtin aim-bots to even be playable to begin with.
Picking up both Pokemon X and Y this weekend

stupid, I know.
Joe: Not really, I'm going to interrupt my paper routes to make sure I get them as soon as the place opens.
Ill be getting an HP Prime as my next generation console >.>

otherwise, i guess a computer upgrade would count. im not sure what free multiplayer games are out there besides armagetron and Minecraft, so shoot a few at me and maybe one will catch my eye.
To bring this back around on topic, I preordered an Xbox One today. Not sure how I'll pay it off before (or on) release but it's the last day it's open (at GameStop) and I couldn't pass up the Day One version of the console. Shamefully, I'm looking forward to plugging my PS4 into the HDMI-in on the Xbox One. I'm also looking forward to plugging in the new Kinect to my computer and seeing if my old Kinect software recognizes it.

What games should I look at for the Xbox One? It'll be preloaded with a game but I already forgot what it was, it's a freemium game it sounds like. I have to buy the rest of the characters. :/
comicIDIOT wrote:
To bring this back around on topic, I preordered an Xbox One today. Not sure how I'll pay it off before (or on) release but it's the last day it's open (at GameStop) and I couldn't pass up the Day One version of the console. Shamefully, I'm looking forward to plugging my PS4 into the HDMI-in on the Xbox One. I'm also looking forward to plugging in the new Kinect to my computer and seeing if my old Kinect software recognizes it.

What games should I look at for the Xbox One? It'll be preloaded with a game but I already forgot what it was, it's a freemium game it sounds like. I have to buy the rest of the characters. :/

All I read here is, I like wasting money and haven't been reading MS's Press releases at all. The Xbox One's HDMI in is basically useless unless your TV lacks enough HDMI ports, and even the latest 360 Kinects don't work with the official driver because they want you to overpay for the official PC one+SDK. Its also got complete different chips in it so I doubt it'll work.

While I don't know what extra's the "Day One" version of the Xbox will have I doubt they are worth preordering something that will have very few worth while launch titles that you couldn't just get for PC.

Also unless MS have dropped the price since I last heard the PS4 is still more powerful hardware for $100 less than what MS want for the Xbone.

Unless you really need to play the next Halo the day it comes out there is zero reason I see to go with the Xbone of the PS4 and that said they are both just PCs, I mean literally they are both using 8-Core AMD x86 APU's with the PS4's haveing a slightly better GPU. The Wii U at least has something to differentiate itself from being just a locked down PC with a Controller and even that is on its way to being emulated by Dolphin.
TheStorm wrote:
All I read here is, I like wasting money and haven't been reading MS's Press releases at all.

Or I'm lying and trying to spur on topic discussion which your post considerably lacked.
comicIDIOT wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
... I will eventually get a new xbox system, just going to hold out and wait for that price drop.

As this being possibly the closest thing preventing this thread from failure, do you mean the 360 or the Xbox One?

The xbox one, as so far, Halo 5 will only be available for it. :<

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours