So it'll update the ticalc.org download count by one download, at most, every ten minutes. Otherwise the download expires and is retrieved and cached and additional downloads within the time limit don't count towards the source download counts.Thanks for clarifying that, that's exactly right. The caching is mostly to save bandwidth, although it also helps prevent download count abuse.
Sorry, I had to put it into laymans terms for myself, and likely others.No problem. The simplification is appreciated.
New progress from today:
- Very long file lists are now send properly, both calc<-->calc and gCnFTP bridge<-->calc.
- Chat-like messages can now be received properly by the on-calculator Sandpaper client. The gCnFTP bridge uses this functionality to display title and description of a file when you open its zip file "folder".
- Clicking connect on an empty peer list no longer causes a hang.
Tomorrow: making the Sandpaper bridge capable of actually pushing files to the client, via several additions:
- The ability to read and distinguish between calculator-compatible and calculator-incompatible files based on header.
- The ability to push the correct file type for calculator-compatible files
- The ability to supply the body of calculator-compatible files when requested
- The ability to stay in the same folder and dump some information to a chat-style message box when the user selects a calculator-incompatible file
- The ability to descend into a zip file's folder hierarchy
Stretch goal for tomorrow
- The ability to ascend (back out) of the folder and zip folder hierarchy
Once all of the above are done, I can beta Sandpaper 0.99 or so for you all.