If you could have only one function on the TI-84+ what would it be?
Math/Graphing (All math and graphing functions)
 15%  [ 3 ]
Programming (BASIC, and ASM On-Calc Only)
 65%  [ 13 ]
Applications from TI.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Custom OSes
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

If you could have only one function on the TI-84+ what would it be?
(1) Math/Graphing (All math and graphing functions)
(2) Programming (BASIC, and ASM On-Calc Only)
(3) Applications from TI.
(4) Custom OSes
At first, I thought you mean things like TI-BASIC tokens. I would suggest ConstructAdditionalPylons(. Or an OS to construction additional pylons would work as well.
AHelper wrote:
At first, I thought you mean things like TI-BASIC tokens. I would suggest ConstructAdditionalPylons(. Or an OS to construction additional pylons would work as well.

I'm not sure what you mean.
Could you expand?
One function as-in Sin(, Solve(, Σ(, etc.
ONE function? An implementation of a Turing-compliant OISC.

Then it can do everything. Wink

In the sense of the original post's four options, I'll take what's behind door #2. The math functions come with TI-BASIC, and anything missing can be done in asm. Wink
AHelper wrote:
One function as-in Sin(, Solve(, Σ(, etc.

Well, I cant fit the entire poll title in the topic title. Sad
bhtooefr wrote:
In the sense of the original post's four options, I'll take what's behind door #2. The math functions come with TI-BASIC, and anything missing can be done in asm. Wink

No, I'm talking strictly whats in the program menu, though I'll give you credit for sidestepping the rules. Very Happy Asm, well, you cant link, so you'd have to do it all on the destination calc.

Also, Wow, no one has chosen Apps from TI
CAS functionss!
We have finals coming up and i would love it built in and not through a menu.
un simplified: x₂+5x+4
simplified: (x+4)(x+1)
ordelore wrote:
CAS functionss!
We have finals coming up and i would love it built in and not through a menu.
un simplified: x₂+5x+4
simplified: (x+4)(x+1)

What?!?!
I chose programming, because of course we can write everything else given TI-BASIC and z80 ASM. Even if we only have on-calculator programming tools, and magically all of our link ports have vanished, we can replace any missing functionality with programs.
KermMartian wrote:
I chose programming, because of course we can write everything else given TI-BASIC and z80 ASM. Even if we only have on-calculator programming tools, and magically all of our link ports have vanished, we can replace any missing functionality with programs.

Same here!
I thought that a custom OS would be better, because you could create a better GUI.
Also, what would the calculator look like?
KermMartian wrote:

Don't you know, the Calc Monster controls all calculators, and can modify them at any time, so therefor our link ports haven't "magically...vanished", the Calc Monster stole them! Very Happy Razz
It's a tough call between programming and custom OSes. For me, programming is almost the only thing I do on the calculator (and it's how my calculators have become such useful tools and toys for me). Of course, technically, custom OSes have much more potential—programming and all missing functionality could be added. However, from the way things have been going, it doesn't appear likely that a usable full-fledged OS will be completed in the near future.
Oh, and if you don't have linking, how would you get the custom OS on there? Hmm... A hole in poll.
[\quote]What?!?![/quote]
I just want a built in easy to use CAS function that automatically factors polynomials and you dont need to input a function.
Travis wrote:
It's a tough call between programming and custom OSes. For me, programming is almost the only thing I do on the calculator (and it's how my calculators have become such useful tools and toys for me). Of course, technically, custom OSes have much more potential—programming and all missing functionality could be added. However, from the way things have been going, it doesn't appear likely that a usable full-fledged OS will be completed in the near future.

the same thing
ordelore wrote:
[\quote]What?!?!

I just want a built in easy to use CAS function that automatically factors polynomials and you dont need to input a function.[/quote]

Just to let you know, its "
Quote:
" Here is an example of the starting and ending tags for quoting "
"
Again its "quote" (in brackets []) for the start, and "/quote" (in brackets []) for the end)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours