I'm wondering if anyone here has had issues getting a laptop to connect to a router via wifi before. The laptop is an HP 2000-369WM attempting to link to a Linksys router.

The problem isn't linking, per say, it's more the fact that the linksys doesn't show up in the list of available connections via Win7 Home Premium.

I've brought the laptop to my home, and to my father's place, and it saw those points immediately. I've upgraded the wifi drivers and checked and it still doesn't show up.

I'm not really finding much information out on google, so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas on what could be the problem. I was thinking that maybe an OS wipe would solve the issue, but I'd like to see if there are any other possible fixes I can do before I take that drastic of a step.
Have you checked if other computers can connect to that router? If that doesn't work, you could connect with Ethernet and change the router's WiFi settings until it works again.
Yes, other computers see and connect to that router just fine. I apologize for not mentioning that. :< I also pressed the broadcast button on the router and refreshed the list on that computer and it still didn't see it.
*bump*

I've still not been able to find anymore information in regards to this problem. Hopefully some of you coming back from family christmas meets might have some information.
What band is the router running on? What sort of card does the laptop have? The Device Manager can tell you that latter piece of information.
The laptops that were able to see the router, were they already connected to it? If so, then the router might not be broadcasting the SSID. Try to connect to it via SSID (case-sensitive) and see if it will let you connect.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours