souvik1997 wrote:
Would loading the ROM in WabbitEmu and exporting the groups work?
If a real calculator can't do it, I wouldn't expect Wabbit to be able to do so, but I suppose it would be worth a try.

BrandonW wrote:
Yeah, that's the problem, there's no way to know how bad the corruption is or what it's like. You might try to get smarter and look for sequences of bytes that have patterns, like a byte within 00h-7Fh (to indicate a page), then from 4000h-7FFFh (for archive) or 8000h-0FE6Eh (for RAM) variables, and then a byte to indicate filename length (between 1 and 8 ), then valid ASCII characters, etc. (I'm sure you get what I mean.)
I get you; that could be quite effective, probably.

Quote:
I do have one calculator that I bricked intentionally (an 83+) to see if I could unbrick it, which I've yet to do.
Ah, then good luck with that. Smile
Just got the appvars up. I don't know how to build a ROM from it, so can someone give me info/make one for me? TIA!

And I'll try to look for those groups... How are they stored? Are vars in the archive stored one after the other from $0C to $15?

EDIT: And another question: Vars are stored forward, and apps are stored backward (from $15), right? That would make a lot of sense here.
Deep Thought wrote:
Just got the appvars up. I don't know how to build a ROM from it, so can someone give me info/make one for me? TIA!

And I'll try to look for those groups... How are they stored? Are vars in the archive stored one after the other from $0C to $15?
Are you referring to pages with those hex numbers? I could try to extract some groups manually from the appvars for you if you want.
Yep, and update: I found the last (latest) copy of CON (which contained my Contra files) on page $11. Thanks to anyone who can help (PM me and I'll send the page appvar) Very Happy

EDIT: Never mind, figured out what groups look like in flash. I just used Calcsys to hack the VAT and save some of my projects Smile
So did you rescue everything successfully that you needed now, then, or are there still things missing or remaining problems?
I got back Contra, XDE, and PapiJump, my spriter, and a group full of random BASIC utilities. All the rest of my groups had small projects I could recode in a few hours except Ultimate Falldown, which glitched when I tried to get it back (probably why booting diidn't work in the first place).

Then I cleared my entire archive, so everything should be back to normal Smile
That's great to hear. Let me know if you ever want me to pick through the remainder of the archive looking for those smaller projects (and Ultimate Falldown).
Nah, I gave up. It's good enough, and I'll start backing up now Very Happy

Also, I made a topic for saving stuff from a corrupted archive here. Should I post it in a topic here too?
Yes.
Deep Thought wrote:
Nah, I gave up. It's good enough, and I'll start backing up now Very Happy

Also, I made a topic for saving stuff from a corrupted archive here. Should I post it in a topic here too?
But of course! That would be a valuable lesson for people to know.
All right, converting the BBCode rright now.

EDIT: Posted at http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5622, not sre if it's the right forum,though...
Deep Thought wrote:
All right, converting the BBCode rright now.

EDIT: Posted at http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5622, not sre if it's the right forum,though...
I moved it to the General Programming subforum, since I think it would be useful to BASIC and ASM coders rather than general users (or hardware modders, since you put it in the Calculator Hardware subforum). I also stickied it, since it's quite a well-thought-out topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours