How can I make a menu display text then the user hits enter twice and it returns them to the menu selection again? I have it so it can display text I just want to figure out how to have it return to the menu. I also would like to try to have it quit by hitting mode inside of the displayed text if possible. Thanks or the help.
welcome to cemetech, nitro! now, your answer is kinda easy. from after where you display the text, what else is supposed to be happening? as it is, you could have a
Code:

:<existing code>
:Label b1
:Repeat Z=105
:Getkey->Z
:<other stuff>
:end
:for(Z,0,20               <--or larger for bigger delay
:GetKey->Z
:End
:If Z=105:Goto <Menu Label Here>
:<other stuff here>

the <inserts> are for anything else you may want to add to the code. while a bit messy, in my opinion, that is a way to do it.

why do you need it to be double pressed? i dont know of many, well, anything on the TI that utilizes double key pressing for menus.

also, feel free to introduce yourself in this topic
Thanks, I was thinking the double click was associated with a pause that the reason I was talking about the double click Thanks for the help.

Code:
:ClrHome
:Menu("        Programs           ","5.1",B,"5.2",C,"5.3",D,"5.4",E,"5.5",F,"5.6",G,"Exit",Z
:Lbl Z
:DelVar ADelVar B
:DelVar CDelVar DDelVar E
:DelVar FDelVar G
:Stop
:Lbl B
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.1
:Pause
:Lbl C
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.2
:Output(2,1,"< LessTHAN > GreatOR
:Lbl D
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.3
:Lbl E
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.4
:Lbl F
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.5
:Lbl G
:Output(1,1,"Welcome 5.6
the problem im having is that it wont display the text very long and it brings up an error when i run an option in the menu.
Your Pauses are lacking a space. You can tell because the error is ERR:SYNTAX, it goes to "Pause", and you can move the cursor through the individual letters of "Pause". Always make sure you read those error messages! Also, edit your post if you have the last post and it is less than 24 hours later. Responding to yourself within 24 hours is called a double-post and is a faux pas.
Ok got it fixed thanks posted it on other thread also.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours