I need help getting gCn to work. I want to run Gossamer, Sandpaper, and Chat on gCn. The problem is... everything. What do I type as arguments into the command prompt after "gcnclient"? I have a TI-84+SE with direct USB, Windows XP SP2, and the filter driver installed. And I am running DCS 7.2 beta 2.
But then I don't suppose anyone know how to use the gCn client.

This is what I type:
gcnclient.exe -l CalHub -n WebHub -d d -v

And after a while, this is what I get:
"Direct USB device may have stopped responding...
Direct USB device still connected."

or sometimes:
"Error: Failed to send Direct USB frame to calculator" or something like that.
Your arguments are correct. Do you get any data calculator-side? Have you installed the filter driver?
KermMartian wrote:
Your arguments are correct. Do you get any data calculator-side? Have you installed the filter driver?

I have installed the filter driver; I will try re-installing it.
And I get no data calculator side for Gossamer, but for Chat it says, "IRC joined", then "IRC parted". And spams the SAX widget Smile
OK, then some data is indeed getting through to your calculator. Does SAX/IRC ever say **CALEB joined or something equivalent?
KermMartian wrote:
OK, then some data is indeed getting through to your calculator. Does SAX/IRC ever say **CALEB joined or something equivalent?

No, it only says it has a new calculator ######## from CalHub whatever, then says it timed out.
Not working permanent display of: wrote 25 bytes to socket.'
then it's always :'Direct USB device may have stopped responding'
and "Direct USB device still connected.'
EDIT: I am using the windows gcnclient.
EDIT2: The SAX says that ***gCn virtual hub 'WebHub' has new calculator 0A33C9FBB0 from ordelore
but I can't connect to Gossamer.
EDIT3: SAX says I joined and left the room correctly but when I type, nothing goes to the SAX or my calc.
So, I'm trying to use the direct usb to have gcnClient work with the chat program and connect to irc. I have tried to use both the linux connectivity script and the command line arguments. And successfully says "Direct USB connection created successfully." However whenever I try to open the chat client, it doesn't connect to to the irc server, and I can't chat at all.

Also, the SAXJAX/Irc does not say I am connected to hub or anything.

Edit: I got the thing working with gcnClient, and using the latest one, along with the gui by tari, it seems to get stuck at resolved hostname, and refuses to do anything after. The message still doesn't show up in saxjax.
ordelore wrote:
EDIT3: SAX says I joined and left the room correctly but when I type, nothing goes to the SAX or my calc.
I assume you clicked Send? It didn't even display locally? You're typing in the small box, not the big one?

Quote:
Edit: I got the thing working with gcnClient, and using the latest one, along with the gui by tari, it seems to get stuck at resolved hostname, and refuses to do anything after. The message still doesn't show up in saxjax.
Have you installed the filter driver? What arguments are you giving to the gCnClient?
KermMartian wrote:
ordelore wrote:
I assume you clicked Send? It didn't even display locally? You're typing in the small box, not the big one?

Quote:
Have you installed the filter driver? What arguments are you giving to the gCnClient?

Yes. I've installed the latest filter driver, and my arguments, which the GUI is making is:

Code:
gcnclient -n IRCHub -l HyruleHub -r -d direct
Where HyruleHub is my name for the local hub.
Yeah, that should be fine. Remove the -r, though: in the latest gCnClient, -r disables rather than enables reconnection. I'm therefore not sure exactly why it still won't work with that set of arguments.
Don't worry. I got IRC to work.
ordelore wrote:
Don't worry. I got IRC to work.
Great, glad to hear it. Please also test out Sandpaper and Gossamer if you get a chance.
As for me, I did as you said, but still nothing :p
Tested out both but this url didn't work: www.dist102.k12.il.us.
I just guess that the site is background intensive.
Link wrote:
As for me, I did as you said, but still nothing :p
If you're using a non-7.2 version of Doors CS, your Doors CS doesn't have Direct USB CALCnet support, by the way.
Hmm, yup that was it, but now my thing keeps giving this error:

Error: Failed to send Direct USB frame

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours