I am learning about writing to different ports and I want to know why my calculator won’t let me use Calcsys to write 01h to port 14h,
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Ports:14
Why???
wikiti wrote:
This port is protected, which means user programs cannot ordinarily write to it directly.
This means that TI has added protection to this port because that port controls the protection on all ports. First off, the ASIC handles these IO read/writes. Since the ASIC handles it (and this port handles protection), you must use the unlock sequence to write to it. The protected link tells you about how to disable the protection
SO in order to write to all ports, I have to follow the sequence?
Could somebody give me the opcode for the sequence?
Well, you must execute that code on a privileged page, like 0x1C/3C/7F with an exploit. I know how to unlock the flash only on GlassOS because I have an unlock_flash() function, but unlocking under TIOS needs an exploit, unless the cool kids these days have another way around.
They do not. Thus, I am left to having to meticulously set up my Flash. I am learning about all these wonderful ports though.
If you look through http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/, I'm sure you could find stuff related to unlocking flash.
Interesting. Well I mean there is so much I want to do, wether or not it destroys one of my junk calcs. Unlocking the ports helps.

Most interesting/useful for programming purposes port? Anyone?
I'm sure someone has told you this already, but be careful.
I realize that. Very little can be done without modifying the boot code and certificate fields that can brick my calc, correct?
You can destroy the LCD with ports, erase the flash chip with certain commands, modify boot code/cert data... I think that's it, really.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours