I want a computer for my room but I can't afford one is there a way to turn my ti84 into a small desktop.
spud2451 wrote:
I want a computer for my room but I can't afford one is there a way to turn my ti84 into a small desktop.

If you're fine living with 70's (at most early 80's) hardware for your computer... could you explain more of what you want out of using your 84+ in place of a modern PC? Up front, I'll tell you that most things you'll want will not be there.
I just want something that will work for programming. I want the same funtionality as the calc alone would have.
Do you mean gut the insides, stick a beagleboard in it, add in the keys and a board for it, a color LCD, and load linux on it? (Note, this is not intended as an excuse to play UT in Math class)
No I mean hook up a keyboard and mouse and hook it up to a monitor.
You can buy an adaptor from TI that lets you connect it to a TV. You can get a TI keyboard for typing, but I don't know if it will even work in the program editor. Using a mouse can be done, but it isn't needed for typing Razz
How can I connect the keyboard to my
calc. Are there instructions somewhere?
You can buy the TI Keyboard, but like AHelper I don't know if it works in the program editor or just in NoteFolio.
spud2451 wrote:
I just want something that will work for programming. I want the same funtionality as the calc alone would have.

Raspberry PI. $35. February 20. http://raspberrypi.org/
You could use TI's official keyboard, Jerry with a USB mouse, and the TI Presenter (if your calc has a ViewScreen port). Smile
I haven't used TI's keyboard, but it should work with everything that uses the TI-OS input routines, including the program editor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours