Is terrible. I swear I have some of the worst internet ever.
I use a broadband wireless Sprint card, and our internet has been getting bad for a while now, but now it's just horrible.
My mom called Sprint to figure out what the hell was going on, and apparently "Typical users have at least 5 cell towers in their proximity."
We have 2. Out of those 2, one of them is down, and has been down for a long time.
They should fix that.
Aes_Sedia5 has it right on. I'm a bit worried that at any given point there are at least five cell towers in my proximity (for my carrier or not). I guess the specifics of the term "proximity" are not known (10miles? 1 mile?).

There's really not much you can for converting a 3G signal into WiFi. You could look into WiMax, and see if there are any towers or carriers around. I believe Sprint supports WiMAX is the form of 4G. See if you can purchase a 4G to WiFi device from Sprint, but first inquire if that'd help your internet connection. Those devices aren't meant to run a household, either. It's best to keep one to two devices connected to them at any given point, but that won't help you gett internet sadly Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours