Currently, I am using

Code:
If sub(Str1,T-1,1)n="X"

But I need it for up to 10 characters, which would slow the engine down alot. I am wondering if you might have an idea on how to look at all of them to determine if it should move or not without having to do a lot of the above...
You could do

Code:
For(X,1,10
If sub(Str1,T-1,1)n=sub("ABCDEFGHIJ",x,1
Stuff
End
I thought about that, and that would probably cause really bad lag... I guess I am just gonna have to program it a couple different ways, see which is faster...
I'm pretty sure Kerm's solution is the most efficient possible, sadly.
Unfortunately, yes. I tried finding an alternate way with one less substring, but no dice. Sad
Probably, but I will try all that I can to see if I can find something better...
Please do. Some of the other 1337 might know...
I should post my movement code for my engine. It is a crazy 100 line function (*4 for each direction) and is faster if it is not able to be moved, which is unfortunate. There are ~6 things tested with for loops from 0-63. I can't wait to see what it will perform like...
*cough* 10SPF *cough* Smile Just Joking

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours