Okay, I have a netbook with an Intel 945gm videocard, and I have to edit the config file. I have to add this:"-dxlevel 90 +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 -autoconfig" (Source) but I have no clue how to add it. Could anyone help me?

aeTIos
aeTIos wrote:
Okay, I have a netbook with an Intel 945gm videocard, and I have to edit the config file. I have to add this:"-dxlevel 90 +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 -autoconfig" (Source) but I have no clue how to add it. Could anyone help me?

aeTIos
Those look like command line options to me, not config file parameters, but I could be wrong.
Hm... So I have to create a command line file?
Seems pretty hard for me. :\
Go to the end of the config file, paste those lines in, and save it, that should be enough, that is unless if needs specific locations, which I could look into if my comment doesn't work first.
Thx, will try that. Also, Notepad shows squares between 'comments'. is this normal?
aeTIos wrote:
Thx, will try that. Also, Notepad shows squares between 'comments'. is this normal?

I believe that is just how it is handling line breaks in a non-raw text format, if you open it with something like Notepad++ it would show a new line at each of those squares.
Aha. I added a square between each comment.
That most likely will not work, use a better editor such as Notepad++ or Wordpad.
Aha, it didnt, so I noticed that.
KermMartian wrote:
aeTIos wrote:

aeTIos
Those look like command line options to me, not config file parameters, but I could be wrong.
If they are command lines, try pressing tilde (~) while at the menu then pasting/writing those lines if applicable.
aeTIos wrote:

aeTIos

It is really simple. In steam, find the game in your library. Right click on it->properties. Then click "set launch options" and paste that in.

You don't edit any file.
:O That easy? Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours