Why, why, WHY Is my post up there invisible?

IOk, this website: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs
Look at sum(7 till sum(12
Yup, I spent many an hour writing that documentation for a good reason. Smile Hopefully it's relatively clear for bspymaster.
So to me it was VEARY clear!Smile
Sorunome wrote:
So to me it was VEARY clear!Smile
I'm glad to hear it! That's what I aim for. bspymaster, how's the learning going?
good, I think... I'm going to experiment using GUI stuff hopefully over the weekend. I just hope I don't end up bricking my calculator...
Wink
That won't happen, If you have everything in ROM! Smile
bspymaster wrote:
good, I think... I'm going to experiment using GUI stuff hopefully over the weekend. I just hope I don't end up bricking my calculator...
Wink
Unlikely, although RAM clears are likely if you're still learning. Make sure you've archived important things. Smile And be sure you have the documentation on the sum() commands with you! Good luck; I look forward to hearing the results of your experimentation.
Yup! I do use Doors, You know. I'm not even sure how many times I've clicked the "archive" button. Laughing
Now I have a problem with DCS GUI: I have this code:

Code:
:sum(7,1,blah,blah
:sum(7,20,5,30,73,1,1,0,39,21
:sum(12,10,10,1

remeber:for the hexstring and the title I have somthing different.
So, when I press left or right with the curser it leaves the code, dunno why.
What do you mean by leaves the code? It ends the mouse? Also, be sure to OpenGUIStack above that and CloseGUIStack below it.
It leaves the mouse line and ends the program, even with open GUI stack all at the beginning and close GUI stack beneath the mouse.
Hi! I've got a lot of questions from my experiments, so let's get started!

First, How could I create a snippet of code that detects whether there is a picture saved in a slot and if it is unarchived so that the program it is in doesn't crash when it trys to open an inexsistent picture.

Second, I experimented with sum(3 and sum(0 in this program:

Code:
:sum(3)->L1
:sum(0,L1
:Disp Ans
:Pause
/other code

This led to a display of ".D" The list stored in L1 was {-3 -4 -10}
Baffling, in my mind Confused

Third, I was experimenting with radio buttons (because I love booleans Very Happy ) and wrote this program:

Code:
:sum(9
:sum(7,0,255
:sum(7,1,0000000000,"TEST
:sum(7,10,5,5,"TEST",0,"CHOICE A"
:sum(7,10,5,55,"TEST",0,"CHOICE B"
:sum(7,10,5,25,"TEST",0,"CHOICE C"
:sum(12,5,5,1
:sum(10

I have a few questions about this code:
1)Where is the large window I put in (sum(7,1))
2)can I put a button or hotspot programming after the booleans that somehow says to end the program when clicked? if so, how? (the sto> button did work, I just want to find an alternative Wink )
3)When I ran the code, I couldn't get one to automatically be selected (you should just be able to put a zero instead of a one after the "TEST" label, right?)
4)Also when I ran the code, The descriptions for the buttons all said "TEST" instead of Choices A, B, or C. However, the radio buttons function exactly like they're supposed to, only one being selected at a time.
5)What syntax errors or mistakes (if any) did I make in the code?

I'm going to continue to experiment. Hopefully I won't brick my calculator... Razz
bspymaster wrote:

Second, I experimented with sum(3 and sum(0 in this program:

Code:
:sum(3)->L1
:sum(0,L1
:Disp Ans
/other code

This led to a display of ".D" The list stored in L1 was {-3 -4 -10}
Baffling, in my mind Confused

I just have something to sum(0: as Ans is a list and not a string I am wondering why that doesn't give an error....
bspymaster wrote:

Third, I was experimenting with radio buttons (because I love booleans Very Happy ) and wrote this program:

Code:
:sum(9
:sum(7,0,255
:sum(7,1,0000000000,"TEST
:sum(7,10,5,5,"TEST",0,"CHOICE A"
:sum(7,10,5,55,"TEST",0,"CHOICE B"
:sum(7,10,5,25,"TEST",0,"CHOICE C"
:sum(12,5,5,1
:sum(10

I have a few questions about this code:
1)Where is the large window I put in (sum(7,1))

You need to put the hexchar in "
bspymaster wrote:

2)can I put a button or hotspot programming after the booleans that somehow says to end the program when clicked? if so, how? (the sto> button did work, I just want to find an alternative Wink )

It should work with a button or the "x" in the upper right corner, otherwise it shouldn't leave the code.
bspymaster wrote:

3)When I ran the code, I couldn't get one to automatically be selected (you should just be able to put a zero instead of a one after the "TEST" label, right?)

After the "test" must be in one thing a 1
bspymaster wrote:

4)Also when I ran the code, The descriptions for the buttons all said "TEST" instead of Choices A, B, or C. However, the radio buttons function exactly like they're supposed to, only one being selected at a time.

Try to swap the "test" with "choice x"
bspymaster wrote:

5)What syntax errors or mistakes (if any) did I make in the code?

*see above*

Hopefully all my answers are correct/good. Smile
Thanks, Sorunome! Those answers were helpful! I have noticed during furthur experiments that when making a radio button, the syntax should be:

Code:
:sum(7,10,x,y,"ID",state,"string")

but that the ID is actually the label, and the state is actually the group ID, and that the descriptive string is moot. So in reality, the code is:

Code:
:sum(7,10,x,y,"string",ID)

Where ID is a number.
Is this a glitch, or something else? I'd like to see Kerm's input on this.
Most likely I didn't transcribe the interface properly. Smile If the latter is indeed the correct format, I'd be happy to change the DCS wiki accordingly, or even better, make you a DCS wiki account, so you can make corrections as you find them. Thanks for pointing that out! By the way, in your code, you have a sum(7,0 followed by a sum(7,1. You need only start a group with one groupmaster (0, 1, or 2, aka GUIRNull, GUIRLargeWindow, or GUIRSmallWindow); if you have multiple groupmasters in a row, you're taking unnecessary memory, since the group started by the GUIRNull and ended by the GUIRLargeWindow is empty. The GUIRNull is only needed when you want to put GUI elements onscreen but you want neither a LargeWindow or a SmallWindow behind them.,
Kerm, could you please make me an account, coz I found already a other wrong description. Smile (det(8 )
Sorunome wrote:
Kerm, could you please make me an account, coz I found already a other wrong description. Smile (det(8 )
Sure thing, please Private Message me a desired username, password, and your email address.
KermMartian wrote:
You need only start a group with one groupmaster (0, 1, or 2, aka GUIRNull, GUIRLargeWindow, or GUIRSmallWindow); if you have multiple groupmasters in a row, you're taking unnecessary memory, since the group started by the GUIRNull and ended by the GUIRLargeWindow is empty.

Makes sense. You should probably explain that though. In the file it sounds like you need all three.

I'm currently working on an AXE program, and all is going well (I would add photos/video, but the TI recording program doesn't work with it Sad ). I can't figure out the AI portion. My program is an adventure/ space shooter where you are in a spaceship flying around and you have to do... something (not sure yet) but you will go through different stages where there are obstacles on the screen and enemies you have to destroy. The only way to leave the current "arena" is to destroy all he enemies. I want the enemies to be able to just maneuver around the outside until you com within X spaces of it, then It will follow and shoot at you until you destroy it. Any suggestions? Like I said, I would show you a video of what I have, but the TI recording program doesn't work while the AXE program is running. Sad
Please move your question to its own topic rather than hijacking this DCSB GUI topic, bspymaster. Smile And you can use WabbitEmu to take screenshots.
By the way Sorunome in your signature you have spelled "enough" wrong is that a mistake on purpose?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours