So, it looks like Google Book Search (formerly Google Print) has finally gotten off the ground. What are everybody's thoughts? Personally, I think it's going to be a useful tool, but it will definitely be exploited in ways that violate copyrights - for instance, someone could write a bot that searches a book for every word in the dictionary and then pieces the results together so a person can get the entire book for free.
Hehe....hehehe....lol Just Joking
Interesting, I look forward to seeing what people use it for.
yeah, i noticed that... i really like it, considering i used it to do some research...

it's a great tool... and you're right, it could be exploited...except they anticipated that, and put in a word verification routine... (i saw it myself)
Just took a better look at it, superbulous.
http://books.google.com
alex10819 wrote:
yeah, i noticed that... i really like it, considering i used it to do some research...

it's a great tool... and you're right, it could be exploited...except they anticipated that, and put in a word verification routine... (i saw it myself)

What routine?
Dunno. Keep in mind that the pages are images though, which would stymie your evil plan.
I think it's a great research tool.
If the pages are images, then it makes it that much easier to get the whole book - just get a sentence from every page and you're set. Evil or Very Mad
But they're IMAGES....oh wait, IC. Did you even look at it?!?!
There are next page/previous page links... Razz
You could pretty much read the entire book with this. I searched Harry Potter and was able to read the first couple of chapters in the sixth book Laughing Cool
That's cool. HOWEVER I think this topic is nearing closing time. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
But they're IMAGES....oh wait, IC. Did you even look at it?!?!
There are next page/previous page links... Razz

Yeah, but not for all books, silly.
Hey Mr. Admin! Locked! L-o-c-k-e-d! Wink Just Joking