http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQKOj9Sxkg

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I figured for now, this would be a good subforum.

This was a broadcast from msnbc about the Egyptian riots. If you jump to 1:15 or so and watch from there, you will see what appears to be a horseman. Only thing is, he is glowing green and translucent.

I'm just curious what others may or may not think of this? Supposedly there are different horsemen that show up in the bible in Revelations that indicate when something bad is soon to happen.

I can't say for sure what it says, because I haven't read through a lot of the bible. I, however, don't think it is a book that is just religion, but more of history and some bits are prophetic. That is, of course, my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I posted this link to see what you all thought about this video.
It appears to be a lense flare from the fire.
that is probably just an effect/hoax. If it is real, then oshi, we are doomed
qazz42 wrote:
*facepalm* I don't think the "horsemen of the apocalypse" are literal horsemen. Rolling Eyes Of course, I could easily be wrong, but science suggests otherwise.
Regardless of your interpretation of Revelation, I don't think the Egyptian revolution is ushering in the apocalypse.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
*facepalm* I don't think the "horsemen of the apocalypse" are literal horsemen. Rolling Eyes Of course, I could easily be wrong, but science suggests otherwise.

lol, I doubt we are going to all be doomed, although if japan dumps radiation in the sea...

qazz42 wrote:
0x5, I doubt we are going to all be doomed, although if japan dumps radiation in the sea...

Ah, so you buy into the media alarmist address of radiation readings barely above the noise floor?
Wow, that looks very real. But at the same time, it looks like a lens flare. I truly doubt that this is a "sign from God" or whatever <.<
From what I can tell it hasn't been altered by a third party. I'll post the original video once I find it. I'm close, I just can't find the video on the page.
comicIDIOT wrote:
From what I can tell it hasn't been altered by a third party. I'll post the original video once I find it. I'm close, I just can't find the video on the page.
May I ask on what you're basing that? I am perfectly happy to accept a lens flare rather than postprocessing, although I think both are possible.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
0x5, I doubt we are going to all be doomed, although if japan dumps radiation in the sea...

Ah, so you buy into the media alarmist address of radiation readings barely above the noise floor?

IF they dump it all in the ocean, then I do think we are screwed. there is barely anything as of now, so meh
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
May I ask on what you're basing that? I am perfectly happy to accept a lens flare rather than postprocessing, although I think both are possible.
I found this video which is a direct screen capture of the web page I was looking at. I think the videos get deleted after a while since I can only go to March 18th, and this video surfaced around the start of February. I did find a full-length copy on YouTube, it seems, but I would have liked to find the video on Rachel Maddow's site.

It looks like a lens flare. The first link I posted points you to a white dot following the "horseman." Watching the video on youtube (@10:27 in), you can see a few more sources following the "horseman."

It may be reflected light bouncing off the lens, hitting the lens UV protector filter (screwed infront of the lens) then back into the lens to be recorded. Which is something you can directly witness in one of my videos on YouTube - after the points of light go from hearts to dots, you'll see a red flare move around seemingly apart from the camera as I bobble the camera.
Very enlightening, comic. Smile

@Kerm:

They have found much higher concentrations of radiation in the states since the reactors in Japan began their overloading and such, I believe Manhattan was the city that detected an increased level? Saw it on local news a week or so ago, but I've slept once or twice since then, so I might be incorrect with my location.
Nope. Virtually no radiation threat from Japan. Anything saying otherwise is merely sensationalist media.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Nope. Virtually no radiation threat from Japan. Anything saying otherwise is merely sensationalist media.
Exactly this. Any radiation is basically indetectably high above the noise floor of background cosmic radiation that you absorb every day falling from space.
http://xkcd.com/radiation/
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
http://xkcd.com/radiation/
Exactly this, it puts the whole thing into much better perspective. Thanks very much for that, Pseudo. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours