How do I find out what [MyLocalHubName] is?
Pick a random name, it doesn't matter.
happybobjr wrote:
You can call it whatever you want, like "HappyBobHub" or "HBJr" or whatever.
happybobjr wrote:
I think it's a name that you have to decide - you can use any name.
Now i am getting, in a popup, "C:\Users\James Oldiges\Desktop\gcnclient.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

redownloaded, It got corrupted and became 0 bytes ???

Now it just says it can't find the devise.

Got it now. My pc was having problems with the filter
That's great to hear! I look forward to seeing you on Obliterate and Chat. Smile
happybobjr wrote:
Now i am getting, in a popup, "C:\Users\James Oldiges\Desktop\gcnclient.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

redownloaded, It got corrupted and became 0 bytes ???

Now it just says it can't find the devise.

Got it now. My pc was having problems with the filter

Oooh, that sucks about the corruption, did you manage to delete it despite the fact it was corrupted? One of my programs was corrupted and resused to delete ><

and gg on getting it to work! I cant wait for you to spent some more time on cemetech with DUSB Very Happy
The next Cn2.2 program that I need to write is either a videochat client or an ftp client, I think. The latter would be exciting to let people directly download programs from ticalc.org via gCn.
video chat? How would one work that out? O_o that would be awesome though
KermMartian wrote:
The next Cn2.2 program that I need to write is ...an ftp client....

Are you serious?
That would be amazing.
qazz42 wrote:
video chat? How would one work that out? O_o that would be awesome though
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
happybobjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
The next Cn2.2 program that I need to write is ...an ftp client....

Are you serious?
That would be amazing.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Shaun and I both purchased Gameboy cameras and disassembled them; it might be possible either to interface them over the I/O serial port or even hook them to a microcontroller and make them directly talk Cn2.2. We're still investigating.
KermMartian wrote:
Shaun and I both purchased Gameboy cameras and disassembled them; it might be possible either to interface them over the I/O serial port or even hook them to a microcontroller and make them directly talk Cn2.2. We're still investigating.

ooohh, sounds good, I should get one too, in that case.

Kerm, I tested an USB calc-calc cable, and I concluded that it does not work with calcnet... although I am sure you found that out already... ah well, I still have my I/O calc-calc so no complaints there Smile
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

ooohh, sounds good, I should get one too, in that case.

Kerm, I tested an USB calc-calc cable, and I concluded that it does not work with calcnet... although I am sure you found that out already... ah well, I still have my I/O calc-calc so no complaints there Smile
I actually hadn't confirmed that yet. Was neither calculator a TI-Nspire for that test? Also, I have a new version of DCS and the gCnClient coming soon, I hope.
Neither was a nSpire, I connect 2 TI-84+SEs with a USB calc-calc cable I then

1. Sent files for testing it (calc-calc USB CALCnet)
2. Tried both chat and obliterate, neither could recognize the other calc >.>

so yeah, DUSB works with calc-comp but not calc-calc
qazz42 wrote:
That's fair enough; thanks for confirming. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Are there any plans to support calc-to-calc DUSB in the future? Some of us don't even have normal link cables - it seems like TI has dropped distribution of them completely.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

anytime, although I am sure it wont matter as one can buy a I/O calc-calc any time from TI's site
Well, those last two posts conflicted, or actually not. JosJuice, I would certainly like to support it, but it's a secondary concern after getting the Direct USB PC linking working.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours