Happy mole day all! In case you don't know, a mole is 6.02 x 10²³ of anything, usually used for atoms. For example, a mole of carbon weighs exactly 12g (the atomic mass of carbon is 12amu). What do we need 6.02 x 10²³ of?
I thought it was 10/23...
Anyway, we need a mole of donuts, money, and seconds/day.
Dikd you know if you had a mole of dollars and spent $1 million every second, you woulnd't spend nearly all of it in your lifetime?
Yeah, mole day is on the 23rd, I think Kerm was just making this thread a few days before so we all knew. (Right Kerm?)

Anywho, I don't see why June 2nd (@10:23 AM especially) can't also be mole day.
But of course! I actually saw it on #tbmonly, that's what reminded me.
yeah, I wonder why it isn' June 2nd. Some people are crazy. Well, what can one do?
Can't wait for Pi day... Smile
Idea We should have the the CPC on Pi Day!
Well, my school celebrates it today. Although I am no longer in Chemistry (and therefore miss the celebration) the Juniors (excluding me) who take Chem had to make games involving the number or bring in food involving it. Last year I remember making cookies by using Xmoles of flour and Xmoles of chocolate chips. HAPPY MOLE DAY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wow, 6.02 x 10^23 cookies...that's quite a few... Very Happy
Child obesity!! Surprised Where is the agriculture department??? Just Joking
A mole of sane programmers on ticalc would be nice if it were possible. Sad
a mole of open-source computer programmers to take down Microsoft, everyone's dream Smile
Well actually, a mole of programmers would increase the earth's diameter by several hundred miles, so I'm kind of glad we don't have that many Very Happy
ROFL - a mole of graphing calculators! MWAYHAHAHAHAHA!!!
10^15 TI's for everyone! Yay! Laughing
10^15? Ah, I got it now. Yay!!
I think it would be 10^15 anyway...

Let's assume we have about 6.02 billion people (which is pretty close), which is 6.02 x 10^9.

6.02 x 10^23 / 6.02 x 10^9 = 1 x 10^14. Oops, sorry, you all get one order of magnitude fewer calculators, terribly sorry.
Noooo! I wanted 10 times as many calcs. Sad
Sorry, but there was only enough for 100 trillion calculators per person.
mol(e) day is 6/2, but since theres no school then schools celebrate it on 10/23, or the friday b4 if its on the weekend
i dont have a science class so i didnt celebrate it, but my friend lauren or lorena gave me a moldy(inside joke, mol(e) day) cookie on thurs so i had a good day and i had a piece of cake on fri from a diff friend so i had good mol(e) days

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours