Nah, it was just my Cemetech/calculator forum story Razz Besides I'm back now, and I have improved in all of those areas... except JFGI, I'm still not that great in that area. You all should see some of my early posts Razz They are terrifyingly terrible.
Cemetech sucks.
I played TBM long before I ever started calculator programming.

I used to do stop motion animation with LEGOs a lot. I was apart of a community (now completely transformed and, in many of its past member's opinions, dead community) called Brickfilms. I used to mess around in the crappy official LEGO games, and grew tired of not having a world to roam and build what I wanted. I found the TBM website and met Kerm, Gobbles, and a few others, who knew me then as AlienFilms (my only online alias at the time; some might not remember it). Back then I truly enjoyed web design as well, and eventually picked up the alias of "Swivelgames" after I progressed into web development (using The Game Creators tools, like Dark Basic and FPS Creator).

I always loved the idea of making games and things on my older brother's calculator, but it wasn't until High School that I finally got one. I was a bit more excited then I'm sure most people were to get their first TI calculator. I immediately dove into it and researched it like crazy. I came across TICalc.org where I would then be lead to DoorCS. After researching it a bit, I found Cemetech.net and registered on here using the "Swivelgames" alias. I quickly found out that the site was related to TBM and its development, which I gladly marked as my new home online, since Brickfilms had died of due to excessive politics.
_player1537 wrote:
Nah, it was just my Cemetech/calculator forum story Razz
No, you misunderstood me. I know a story when I see one Rolling Eyes "I was told to get on Omnimaga" sounds like advertising to me.
Quote:
Besides I'm back now, and I have improved in all of those areas... except JFGI, I'm still not that great in that area. You all should see some of my early posts Razz They are terrifyingly terrible.
Heh, your grammar was somewhat poorer than it is now, shall we say. Smile

@Swivelgames: Indeed, I recall playing TBM with you way back in the day, a good six years ago at least. Smile
Hehe, glad to know I wasn't the only one who started out with bad grammar. Hmm, for a story... I was having problems with DCS and read a README (shocking isn't it?). Shortly thereafter I saw a magical link, so I copy and pasted it into my IE browser (yep IE tard) and BAM got on one of the best sites ever and have been there for more than half a year

the end.
qazz42 wrote:
Hehe, glad to know I wasn't the only one who started out with bad grammar. Hmm, for a story... I was having problems with DCS and read a README (shocking isn't it?). Shortly thereafter I saw a magical link, so I copy and pasted it into my IE browser (yep IE tard) and BAM got on one of the best sites ever and have been there for more than half a year

the end.
Glad to hear it; although I'll admit you didn't have the best netiquette when you first joined, you have been steadily improving since other than very minor hiccups.
Hehe, ever so true, I will have my moments, but don't we all?
qazz42 wrote:
Hehe, ever so true, I will have my moments, but don't we all?
This is true; even I overreact sometimes, especially recently thanks to various unfortunate stressors in my life.
Although, when we are jking I am pretty sure it doesn't count, because that would be unfair even by *unnamed forums about pokemon*'s standards Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Although, when we are jking I am pretty sure it doesn't count, because that would be unfair even by *unnamed forums about pokemon*'s standards Razz
I don't think that makes as much sense as you think it does. Confused
O_o wow, looking back at it I think you are correct....

*Only when we are joking around having bad grammar and using moderate caps is ok, just don;t spam too much...
qazz42 wrote:
O_o wow, looking back at it I think you are correct....

*Only when we are joking around having bad grammar and using moderate caps is ok, just don;t spam too much...
Indeed, I enjoy acting like a n00b as a form of parody or when I'm excited or annoyed as much as the next guy, but it needs to not get out of hand, otherwise it stops being amusing and starts being annoying.
And thats when you tell us off Very Happy

back to teh topic now!
qazz42 wrote:
And thats when you tell us off Very Happy

back to teh topic now!
Agreed. So who else hasn't mentioned how they found Cemetech? I'm sure there's still some stories from frequent visitors that we haven't heard.
Yes, we must hear everyone story Very Happy
I joined back when DCS was at the start of being a BASIC shell, if memory serves. It was so long ago, I can't truly recall lol

/me is an oldman of cemetech :p
I found Cemetech through SC, and I found SC from someone who told me to look for a code parser, when I was asking around for one.

After using it for so long, I decided to sign up, but I only had made one post. Don't remember why I didn't post again, but still.

Since I had also been using the random articles on TIDeveloper, I decided to sign up there as well. Someone made a post about how their forums were withering into dust, and they started talking about other more popular sites. Cemetech sounded familiar, and so I started a post about the project I was working on at the time, my Signature Program, which still has no replies at the forums I used to go to (DevHardware).
I found Cemetech through DCS I believe...it's been a while I can't really remember
you sir have a first post of

Quote:
You could try some optimization on it by means of the distributive property, except applied to programming
For instance, this code...
Code:

If X=1
Then
Pt-On(1,1
Pt-On(1,2
End
If X=2
Then
Pt-On(1,1
Pt-On(2,1
End

...if only as is, could be changed to this next code with the same effect:
Code:

Pt-On(1,1
If X=1
Pt-On(1,2
If X=2
Pt-On(2,1

You can do something like this by seeing that regardless of which of the two is true, the same line of code ("Pt-On(1,1") will still be executed, so let the program reflect that.

Also about the trade-off between speed and size KermMartian mentioned. The current coding is basically a loop just unraveled. It's currently set to a speed sort of coding, so if you really want to trade off great speed with small space, make a list, make an algorithm, or use pictures to your advantage. No matter which you choose though, you'll still have to tell it in some way where to turn on all of the points. Keep that in mind.
qazz42 wrote:
you sir have a first post of

The McFlufin's of Mufins wrote:
You could try some optimization on it by means of the distributive property, except applied to programming
For instance, this code...
Code:...

pfft, I know that. I'm just saying, I made that one post, stopped going to this site (again for a reason I no longer recall), and eventually returned.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours