souvik1997 wrote:
You could do:

Code:

If L1(X)
Then
C+1->C
sum(7,4,...)
End

Then, when you want to pop stuff off the stack, do sum(8,C).

That is where the issue lies, it tends to try and pop stuff off of the bottom instead of the top with a routine like that.
If something gets popped of the bottom, just push it back on. Wink
souvik1997 wrote:
If something gets popped of the bottom, just push it back on. Wink

Well if I wanted to waste that much space then I would, when I have 7 magic's available for use, and I have to pop 12 elements, I might as well have it redo the entire routine for the entire battle every time I change something.
You can't pop from the bottom of the stack; it simply doesn't work that way. Please post the code that appears to be doing this.
Well I got it working, I can't get it to replicate my issue, I think I glitched something with the old code, but I started from scratch and I am slowly making progress. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
Well I got it working, I can't get it to replicate my issue, I think I glitched something with the old code, but I started from scratch and I am slowly making progress. Very Happy
Glad to hear it. I certainly would like to be able to take a look at potential problems, though, even if they're probably the fault of user (ie, your) code instead of mine, so try to hang onto that next time if possible.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Glad to hear it. I certainly would like to be able to take a look at potential problems, though, even if they're probably the fault of user (ie, your) code instead of mine, so try to hang onto that next time if possible.

I wanted to so I could show it and see if I did something wrong or I caused some random bug that doesn't make sense, but I lost it in a ram clear that was caused as it was running.
Ah, that's unfortunate. Sad Anyway, keep us posted on your progress, and I hope everything goes reasonably smoothly from here on out.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, that's unfortunate. Sad Anyway, keep us posted on your progress, and I hope everything goes reasonably smoothly from here on out.

I will, and before long I will be posting a code with some help I will need, but so far so good.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I will, and before long I will be posting a code with some help I will need, but so far so good.
Very good. Is that something specific that you know you'll need help with, or are you just guessing that that will be the case?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Very good. Is that something specific that you know you'll need help with, or are you just guessing that that will be the case?

I know it will be an issue, but I am waiting until I am actually ready to work on it before I start asking for help on it.
Good, and I hope that you'll try some attempted approaches yourself so you have a what-doesn't-work to present to us.
KermMartian wrote:
Good, and I hope that you'll try some attempted approaches yourself so you have a what-doesn't-work to present to us.

You helped me with this before, it was the skip-to-next-spell-if-the-next-one-doesn't-exist issue I had, so that you can't choose a spell you don't know but can access.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You helped me with this before, it was the skip-to-next-spell-if-the-next-one-doesn't-exist issue I had, so that you can't choose a spell you don't know but can access.
Ah, ok. Perhaps you can look up my answer from last time? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Ah, ok. Perhaps you can look up my answer from last time? Smile

I was planning on it, but I don't know how well it will work, as it will run slightly different, but I am sure I can tweak it a tad.
I am currently putting this project on hold for a period of time (not sure how long) as I will have to literally go and re-program all but 1 of the existing programs as I managed to have them all conflict and it isn't worth fixing them for the time being. But do not worry as I will pick this back up at some point; that is a promise.
I will hold you to that promise! Best of luck.
KermMartian wrote:
I will hold you to that promise! Best of luck.

Thank you, and I will eventually get to it. I think what I really need is a new RPG of my own making, 100% fully so I can have something I can call my own. :p
That sounds good. It also seems like the biggest thing that took you extra time was understanding and using all the xLIB and DCS graphics libraries, is that correct? Maybe something with simpler graphics would be faster for you to finish and therefore more rewarding and less frustrating?
KermMartian wrote:
That sounds good. It also seems like the biggest thing that took you extra time was understanding and using all the xLIB and DCS graphics libraries, is that correct? Maybe something with simpler graphics would be faster for you to finish and therefore more rewarding and less frustrating?

What I need is a full program that uses each of the DCS GUI functions so I can figure out what I was doing wrong (plus extra reference :p).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 41 of 42
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours