ive seen posts of people who could run this game on win7 64bit, but every time I try to launch it says it only supports up to 2003 server..

is there any patch to fix compatibility or force the game to launch anyways?

google was no help

I figured I would ask here because your all coders and smart people.
Dontar wrote:
ive seen posts of people who could run this game on win7 64bit, but every time I try to launch it says it only supports up to 2003 server..

is there any patch to fix compatibility or force the game to launch anyways?

google was no help

I figured I would ask here because your all coders and smart people.

Did you try compatibility mode?
yes, and run as admin..

error "This application can be launched with a release version of windows 95/98/me/nt 4.0/200/xp/server2003 only"

I saw that the steam version runs on windows 7 but I do not wanna get the steam version...always issues, and things changed...(plus no working trainers)
Dontar wrote:
yes, and run as admin..

error "This application can be launched with a release version of windows 95/98/me/nt 4.0/200/xp/server2003 only"

I saw that the steam version runs on windows 7 but I do not wanna get the steam version...always issues, and things changed...(plus no working trainers)

I don't know what to tell you, ask the Kerm!
"Not compatible with Windows 98/ME Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. Laptops)"

thats probably why..stupid game makers, not making games compatible with laptops...

good laptops are cheaper than good desktops..thats why I got a new laptop instead of desktop
Yeah, sounds like the problem is integrated graphics. What kind of graphics does your laptop have?
Wait, what? "Good laptops are cheaper than good desktops"? In which universe?
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
256mb dedicated memory
1916mb shared memory
max resolution 1600x900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
aspect ratio 16:9
Dac Type : Internal DAC(400MHz)

its a Toshiba Satellite L555D laptop. the desktops ive seen with the specs of this laptop were almost $1,000 each..this laptop only cost $599 at Office Depot.
Dontar wrote:
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
256mb dedicated memory
1916mb shared memory
max resolution 1600x900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
aspect ratio 16:9
Dac Type : Internal DAC(400MHz)

its a Toshiba Satellite L555D laptop. the desktops ive seen with the specs of this laptop were almost $1,000 each..this laptop only cost $599 at Office Depot.

No idea when you bought that laptop, but the graphics in that thing are crap, and the CPU is pretty bad as well.

By the way, the mobility version of things are typically MUCH slower than their desktop counterparts, ESPECIALLY graphics. Mobility versions of video cards are like 1/4th the performance (if that) of the "same" desktop version.

If you're going for the fastest thing on a budget, desktop >>>>> laptop - not even close.
Umm, that's better than my desktop Razz

But laptops aren't cheaper than desktops-ever, especially if you build your own desktop.
a laptop was only thing we could get at the time..

we were mostly getting laptops for when we are not at home (campgrounds, etc)
willrandship wrote:
Umm, that's better than my desktop Razz

But laptops aren't cheaper than desktops-ever, especially if you build your own desktop.
Agreed, but if your only goal is a laptop that can do the same things (and not gaming), like word processing, internet browsing, and light media viewing, then you can find cheap weak laptops that are good enough imho. Nevertheless, I insist on beastliness from my desktops and tablet PC-ness from my laptops.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours