Hey guys, I'd love to upgrade the water in FreeBuild a bit. Who's interested in something like this?

From what I've read the resource that enables this automatically falls back on older hardware so it shouldn't affect the frame rate too much.
I faked that effect just fine in Forest of Forever, but if it happened automatically, without needing to make additional adjustments to existing waterblocks, and could be turned off in video options, that would be freaking sweet...
That would be pure awesomeness if you did that Elf.

Edit: nvm I just noticed you have Linux support already. I'll be testing that in a bit.
DShiznit wrote:
I faked that effect just fine in Forest of Forever, but if it happened automatically, without needing to make additional adjustments to existing waterblocks, and could be turned off in video options, that would be freaking sweet...

Existing waterblocks would need, at the very least, to add a couple lines to their definition.
elfprince13 wrote:

Existing waterblocks would need, at the very least, to add a couple lines to their definition.

I'm horrified by the prospect.
</sarcasm>

I'd love it. Smile
Excellent; it looks like this means we can have more water like RollingHills and less like GreenHills. Razz
Added to my todo.

https://tbg.bountysource.com/task/show/2407
are the shaders going to be procedural or will we have to make them?
Awesome! The only downside I can see is that old computer won't like it.
Svenne wrote:
As elfprince13 mentioned, we looked over the documentation, and it degrades gracefully to the current water renderer if the hardware can't support this eyecandy.
Your fake thingy sucked Dshiznit
And about doing it, oh fuck yes
KermMartian wrote:
Svenne wrote:
As elfprince13 mentioned, we looked over the documentation, and it degrades gracefully to the current water renderer if the hardware can't support this eyecandy.

Depending on how you do it, it shouldn't cause problems on any system younger than 6 years old.

If you're using a cheap computer from 7-9 years ago you probably shouldn't be using it period, let along playing games with it.
You're forgetting about netbooks sig. And the reason games like WoW and Zuma sell so many copies is because they can run on anything, including netbooks.
DShiznit wrote:
You're forgetting about netbooks sig. And the reason games like WoW and Zuma sell so many copies is because they can run on anything, including netbooks.

I have a feeling that if a modern netbook can run the game it all it probably supports DX8.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours