comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
Thats easy to do, just download the video and extract the sound.
Indeed. But the uneasy part is downloading the video in something beside .flv so I can do just that.
If you look at the Info sections on some of the videos, I'm pretty sure I saw a url to a site with mp3s.
You are correct Cool Nice eye! Not sure how I missed that!

However, they're 0.98$. I'll be buying these once I get some cash! Very Happy

Easyy. www.mediaconverter.org
It allows you to convert videos (choose enter link, not the youtube one) and paste the youtube url into it. You only get 5 free a day, but oh well, it'll only take you two days to do it.
_player, I love the beat in that song. Very Happy
I know right ^_^
Have you seen this one? The second half is my favorite.

i lol'd so hard on that one
souvik1997 wrote:
i 0x5'd so hard on that one
Seconded, that's awesome! This is pretty talented, actually:

This guy matches the real version sooo well Very Happy

Whoa, that's some impressive skills, especially that he did that whole thing in one take. O_O

It took me until my third watching to get that D = drive = Democrat and R = reverse = Republican in that metaphor.
#5 is still my all-time personal favorite. IT'S THE SMO-O-O-O-O-OKE!
Mapar007 wrote:
#5 is still my all-time personal favorite. IT'S THE SMO-O-O-O-O-OKE!
Hehe, that's a good one. I really love Avalance of Lies.
Backin' up in 8 bits.

Reminds me of the old Mario games...
souvik1997 wrote:
Reminds me of the old Mario games...
Yup, that's what 8-bit music is, music synthesized as if it was an old DAC chip producing it. Smile
Maybe you could explain this, being of a technical bent: what is 8-bit about that? Which sound chip associated with 8-bit hardware is producing that sound? Or is it just a pseudo-chiptune made to sound deliberately low-tech for no particular reason? This seems to be a fad that I have not yet managed to get to the bottom of. Smile

As a counter-example, some genuine 8-bit music: Sega Master System BIOS or the Sanxion loader.
benryves wrote:
Maybe you could explain this, being of a technical bent: what is 8-bit about that? Which sound chip associated with 8-bit hardware is producing that sound? Or is it just a pseudo-chiptune made to sound deliberately low-tech for no particular reason? This seems to be a fad that I have not yet managed to get to the bottom of. Smile

As a counter-example, some genuine 8-bit music: Sega Master System BIOS or the Sanxion loader.
According to the Wikipedia page abotu 8-bit music or chiptunes, "As an offshoot of the burgeoning tracker music culture, a type of tracker music reminiscent of Commodore 64 SID music was born. This type of music came to be called "chiptunes"." I suppose that the Commodore 64 therefore would be the general answer to your question?
There's a bunch of new and good ones, for example:

And the (imho better) remix:

Whatup world, I'm Slim Chin!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours