http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/

Iceland speaks english, right? Or do I need to wait for another country to get the movie before I can "acquire" it in my native language? Meh... someone will release a DVD screener soon enough I suppose...
IMDB wrote:
USA - 6 February 2009 - (limited)
This what you're wanting to know? Not sure if that helps at all...

Looks like a pretty funny movie though =P
i'm mad that it won't be in theaters near me. I want to actually support this movie.
Yeah, I don't know if its going to be in any theaters near me...
elfprince13 wrote:
i'm mad that it won't be in theaters near me. I want to actually support this movie.
Hop in a van, a drive to see it opening day dressed in costume.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Hop in a van, a drive to see it opening day dressed in costume.

yay, eight hours in a van....by myself X_X and then an 8 hour trip home.
I need to polish my plastic lightsaber blade...
Ha HA! I'm apparently in one of the select cities, as my regular theater is showing it tomorrow and I might get to see it!!!
DShiznit wrote:
Ha HA! I'm apparently in one of the select cities, as my regular theater is showing it tomorrow and I might get to see it!!!

bloody 'ell
I saw it yesterday and it was awesome. It's like without a paddle but good, and with starwars. I'm joking; I liked without a paddle, but Fanboys is definitely better, and it's great that George Lucas gave them all the rights to use all the sounds and art they wanted or needed. Paramount wasn't so generous when they asked for rights to Star Trek likenesses and such... still a cool movie. It sucks that there were only like, 7 other people there, and none of them had plastic lightsabers! I was the only one!
DShiznit wrote:
I saw it yesterday and it was awesome. It's like without a paddle but good, and with starwars. I'm joking; I liked without a paddle, but Fanboys is definitely better, and it's great that George Lucas gave them all the rights to use all the sounds and art they wanted or needed. Paramount wasn't so generous when they asked for rights to Star Trek likenesses and such... still a cool movie. It sucks that there were only like, 7 other people there, and none of them had plastic lightsabers! I was the only one!

I hope you guys all bought like 8 tickets to make sure it ends up here.
Yeah, its not showing anywhere near me...

No spoilers DShiz! lol.

I'm really hoping I can see it in theaters or something...

Wikipedia wrote:
Release
Fanboys was released February 6, 2009, in the following cities in the US:
  • Austin, TX (1 screen)
  • Chicago, IL (3 screens)
  • Houston, TX (3 screens)
  • Los Angeles, CA (10 screens)
  • New York, NY (10 screens)
  • Philadelphia, PA (5 screens)
  • San Francisco, CA (6 screens)
  • Seattle, WA (5 screens)
There has been a grassroots campaign to contact Weinstein Co. to request more showings. The Fanboys MySpace page has said "If it has a good opening weekend, with a high per-screen average, then the studio will widen the release, adding more screens in more cities in the weeks that follow."
Awesome, thanks DShiz. Hopefully when/if they expand they'll put it in some theaters up here in Dallas.
"up here in Dallas"? Are you looking at an Australian map or something?
Just a reminder that discussion promoting or condoning illegal activities like torrenting copyrighted content is against the Cemtech TOS.
KermMartian wrote:
Just a reminder that discussion promoting or condoning illegal activities like torrenting copyrighted content is against the Cemtech TOS.

I was of course merely confirming to them that the current torrent which has been spotted in the wild is a fake, and suggesting they buy a DVD copy.
Torrenting is not illegal. Downloading or linking to a torrent that may link to illegal content is not illegal. Downloading illegal content is illegal. Downloading the text file that contains only hash checks and other giberish is not.

On a related note: a, still no fanboys torrents!
DShiznit wrote:
Torrenting is not illegal. Downloading or linking to a torrent that may link to illegal content is not illegal. Downloading illegal content is illegal. Downloading the text file that contains only hash checks and other giberish is not.

On a related note: <font color=red>censored</font>, still no fanboys torrents!

yes, but discussing pirating/promoting the downloading of illegal content is against the Cemetech TOS.
I won't be discussing the downloading or pirating of illegal content. I'll be discussing the downloading of a perfectly legal text file full of nothing but hash checks and other giberish.
DShiznit wrote:
I won't be discussing the downloading or pirating of illegal content. I'll be discussing the downloading of a perfectly legal text file full of nothing but hash checks and other giberish.

I think what Kerm, and myself, are intimating is that it would be preferable if you refrained from doing so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours