http://elrellano.com/videos_online/2596/el-mejor-piloto.html
this dude lands a plane with one friggin wing attached...
You really have a problem with authority, don't you?

Edit: But nice video, those are some major skills.
I think this is more impressive: http://www.ourlighterside.com/stuff/amazing/

EDIT: So I just got around to watching it (video was dead earlier), and wow is that fake. Its like they didn't even bother to try make it look real Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:

EDIT: So I just got around to watching it (video was dead earlier), and wow is that fake. Its like they didn't even bother to try make it look real Rolling Eyes
Confused What tipped you off to that being fake? Looked pretty real to me...
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Confused What tipped you off to that being fake? Looked pretty real to me...

Same. I thought it was real.
The mechanics of a wing makes it hard for a plane to fly without a complete pair. My dad is a skilled R/C pilot with at least thirty years exp. behind him. I haven't shown him this video yet, but from what I know, it is unlikely for the plane to catch itself in mid dive with its engine (that the thrust is greater than the speed of the fall so it essentially slows and starts to float/fly); It's possible with a 3-D Plane (a plane that is made for aerobatics and in some models/builds has an engine/motor capable of running backwards so the plane can hover prop down)

I'd have to say flying like that is probable but I'm most skeptical on the landing, it looks to well executed by the pilot even though it was the first time.

The things that make me feel like it's a fake else-wise, is the fact that he goes from a nose dive to being completely inverted and flying horizontally. Secondly, the landing. The air craft bounces to much in the rear portion where the land wheel is a mere landing shaft & wheel. I'd expect similar recoil from the front of the craft where the landing gear has more tension & spring, rather than the back. (A commuter car's shocks can't sustain a fall from four feet or higher, how do you expect a rear wheel - which is connected by a few bolts & screws, at least - of a mono-engine plane falling from what looks like ten to fifteen feet to hold up?)
@Kerm and Foamy: This:

some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Secondly, the landing. The air craft bounces to much in the rear portion where the land wheel is a mere landing shaft & wheel. I'd expect similar recoil from the front of the craft where the landing gear has more tension & spring, rather than the back. (A commuter car's shocks can't sustain a fall from four feet or higher, how do you expect a rear wheel - which is connected by a few bolts & screws, at least - of a mono-engine plane falling from what looks like ten to fifteen feet to hold up?)

Also, watch the plane's speed when it bounces - it rapidly decelerates in mid bounce, and the bounce itself looks terrible.

Also, wings don't just fall off like that, especially not that cleanly (complete seperation with zero debris? ha)
Might it not be possible that this was an intentional stunt, some kind of detachable-wing-thing that the pilot was trained to handle?
KermMartian wrote:
Might it not be possible that this was an intentional stunt, some kind of detachable-wing-thing that the pilot was trained to handle?

No, because that would be a suicide stunt. Regardless, that landing was incredibly fake looking. It was far too smooth - one bounce and then the plane is stuck to the ground? Hell no, that shit would be bouncing like crazy after a sudden drop from that height.
Wow, no theism nuts saying it was a miracle, yet? I love logic-based communities. Smile
foamy3 wrote:
Wow, no theism nuts saying it was a miracle, yet? I love logic-based communities. Smile
Heh, I hear that. Why, have you run into such arguments on other fora?
foamy3 wrote:

it was a miracle!!! er......actually, that reminds me of an odd movie I just watched that had nuns jumping out of planes without parachutes.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Heh, I hear that. Why, have you run into such arguments on other fora?

Real life, actually. This is the only forum I regularly visit.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours