Who can come up with the best russian reversal joke? Here's an example:

In America, Mozilla keeps tabs on your browser,
In Soviet Russia, Browser keeps tabs on YOU!

Russian reversals don't have to have to do anything with Russia at all. It's just that I'm Russian, and like making them with "Soviet Russia" in them.
Ah yes, those are an old classic. They're pretty easy to come up with, although if done well they can be quite amusing.
So uh, anybody got any? Cool
In Soviet Russia, you do not eat chicken. Chicken eats YOU!!!
calc84maniac wrote:
In Soviet Russia, you do not eat chicken. Chicken eats YOU!!!

No,no,no,no,no!

This is how it goes:

In Communist China, YOU eat CHICKEN,
In Soviet Russia, CHICKEN eat YOU!

Just for reference, I made this one about 2 years ago.
Eh, I've heard them without the dual-line formation, using only the second line; I think that's perfectly valid.
Besides, the origin of the joke was "In America..." and then "In Soviet Russia..."

A quick search for Russian reversal will yield some interesting history of the joke. I suggest you read the wikipedia article, if you haven't already.
In America, YOU download warez.
In Soviet Russia, warez download YOU!
KermMartian wrote:
Eh, I've heard them without the dual-line formation, using only the second line; I think that's perfectly valid.

Yeah, but it doesn't sound as good when you say..."you do not eat chicken, chicken eats you"...
Yeah, i'm a fan of the second line.
Regardless:
In Soviet Japan, toilet urinates on you!
In America, you necro old topic.
In Soviet Russia, old topic necro you!

(I tried to make "necro" ambiguously mean both "necropost" and "kill" in that one, you see.)
In America, this topic fails.
In Soviet Russia, this topic fails.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours