This is not a joke but is a real story and i thought it funny enough to post in the humour section.

Alright for about a week i have been periodically shutting down random computers on the schools network. Then one day i got brave and hit them all. After i did that i stopped shutting down computers. Just recently i have learned how to start up a messenger service on other computers and send messages to other people.

So i thought it might be funny to send one to the network administrator. The message was one that simply said hello. He of course didn't find it so funny. He connected to my computer and controlled it. I was aware of this when i was typing and the mouse started moving towards the start button. I thought it would be funny to mess with him and move the mouse around real crazy like, so i did this for about five minutes. then he got smart and clicked into my project and typed Stop typing now!. I typed the response no and kept messing around. After doing that for a couple more minutes i decided it would be best to stop.

He opened notepad and typed out the following message, and all the while i had a teacher yelling at me because she thought i was playing around.You are not supposed to use the computers to send messenges. Mrs. Jane Doe will write you up. Is this understood? I responded by typing yes. After reading my response he typed out Good now get back to work! Then after a couple seconds he typed his signature at the bottom COMPUTER TECHNICIAN. After the fact i finally realized a few more things i could have done to make his job a lot harder, but while it was happening i thought it too funny to even think about them.
well, if you know how to start messenger service, you can also do the telnet service, then send messages like your someone different. I have done that before in school.
Yeah but i have very little telnet experience and wouldn't know how to send messages with it.
Yeah, shutting down all the computers is a great way to get suspended. Common sense can come in handy sometimes.
You don't want to pull a chipmaster if you all remember that story.
Yeah but i have read the computer use policy several times and did nothing against it, and i have not hacked anything. I just used what they gave me, it is not my fault i was able to start services on mine and other peoples computers or to even use the shutdown command via command prompt.
lafferjm wrote:
Yeah but i have read the computer use policy several times and did nothing against it, and i have not hacked anything. I just used what they gave me, it is not my fault i was able to start services on mine and other peoples computers or to even use the shutdown command via command prompt.
It's still an abuse of your computer privileges, not to mention a pretty mean thing to do to people who are try to get work done.
lafferjm wrote:

You should also know that the school can still suspend you. Is there a reason you decided to act like a fucktard? Its really not funny, and its crap like this that makes everyone scared of people who are decent at using a computer at all. Thanks to people like you I couldn't even run portable firefox at my high school (thankfully the IT guy wasn't worthless, knew that I knew what I was doing and that it was harmless. Him and I ended up being more or less friends, and he started up a tech club).
I can't even use command prompt without getting my computer remotely shut down and receiving some sort of disiplinary action for 'trying to hack their systems'. After school on the quiz bowl coaches computer I found several loops in their Internet filter though, I doubt I will get a chance to use them, our tech guy is a nazi when it comes to doing anything besides MS word, and various information sites our school has deemed appropriate, I've had my internet explorer remotely terminated for visiting wikipedia, I kept going back to it to the same result, eventually the guy came over to me and asked why I kept going to a site that wasn't credible, then I said "I'm not using the information here, although it is usually accurate, I am using the links provided in the references which are usually .edu sites which I CAN use" and he wasn't to happy about being talked down to by a kid, so now he hates me Sad
So yeah, I think the consensus is that what you did was a terrible idea.
Indeed, it sounds like something a few of the more immature people in my class would do without thinking past the tip of their nose.
Yeah the only hacks I do to the school computer it use ms word to open games. come on like they can stop people from adding hyper-links into their word docs. Smile
TheStorm wrote:
Yeah the only hacks I do to the school computer it use ms word to open games. come on like they can stop people from adding hyper-links into their word docs. Smile
Oh man, I remember using that trick back in the day to open A:\ in explorer when library computers were blocked from showing the explorer. Very Happy
Well after receiving my referal the only thing i got was one day of Saturday detention and my computer use has been suspended for the rest of the semester. And the topic was more about getting in trouble for sending messages not shutting down the computers; they don't even know i did that. When i went in there they had about a half inch thick stack of paper with everything that i had done with sending the messages.
That's so not fair. I got a day of ISS (In school suspension) just for having a command prompt open >.<
I would have gotten ISS had I not declared I accidentally hit the windows key and kept typing, doing this I accidentally pressed hotkeys to open CP
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I would have gotten ISS had I not declared I accidentally hit the windows key and kept typing, doing this I accidentally pressed hotkeys to open CP

lol, you "accidentally" hit windows key, r, c, m, d, enter - and they believed you? What morons...
Kllrnohj wrote:
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:

0x5, you "accidentally" hit windows key, r, c, m, d, enter - and they believed you? What morons...
Indeed. Wow, I had no idea the populace here were such rebels. Razz
Edit: moved from Humor/Jokes to C&C Open Topic.
My Agriculture teacher has probably ruined a lot for me now. I put a simple program on his computer and ran it that disabled all mouse clicks until you moved the mouse to the upper corner of the screen. Since i have already violated the acceptable use once, i will probably get 5-10 days out. I tried to tell him it was a harmless joke and i should get a warning. He flipped out and tried to tell me everything i already know and that i should argue my point with the principle. In his class most of the students terrorize him by putting oil in the fish farm and destroying stuff. I hope i don't get the days out. If i do, oh well then i can just put more hours in at work to make more money.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, shutting down all the computers is a great way to get suspended. Common sense can come in handy sometimes.
Yeah, remember when I said that? See where common sense would have been a good idea? Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours