Hmm... I'll TXT you all the answers! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Just Joking
Sucker. Very Happy I took precalc in 9th grade.
omfg, that isn't even possible here lol

You have to take Alg1, Geometry, and Alg2 first... and only Alg1 is available to 8th graders...
Well, actually everyone in my schoo system is set at a merit level when they are evaluated in elementary school. Based on how you do in 5th grtade, that basically sets you for the rest of the system. It goes:

Intro to Algrebra and Geometry 1 <--- everybody starts here, just if you are in honors, the ability to get accelerated next year, starts in 6th grade
Intro to Algrebra and Geometry 2 <--- Possible to skip if in accelerated in 7th
Algebra 1<-- 9th grade merit, needs graphing calc, just like the rest
Geometry <-- 10th grade merit
Algebra 2 <-- 11th grade merit, needed to graduate
Algebra 3 (optional) <-- 12th grade un-advanced merit. This is basically reaccplication of algebra
Precalculus <--- 12th grade advanced merit
Calculus1.......\
Calculus2........|<--- These are not needed to graduate
Calculus3........|<--- Only availbe to people who have taken either summer or advanced courses
Calculus 4/AP./

So here is how it went at my school for me:

Intro to algebra 1 (honors)
Algebra 1 (accelerated)
Geometry (accelerated)
Alegrebra 2 (accelerated, currently in it as a 9th grader)
Precal (accelerated)
I'm in 11th grade and taking pre-calc. It's the earliest my school offers it (unless you take another math course over the summer).
ha ha im in the same boat. but i'm not EXTREMELY smart like lots of the people on Cemetech!
alex10819 wrote:
omfg, that isn't even possible here 0x5

You have to take Alg1, Geometry, and Alg2 first... and only Alg1 is available to 8th graders...

yeah, at our school you have to take Integrated 1-3 before precalc, and I was one of the years they didn't let 7th graders take Integrated 1, which put me on track to take precalc as a junior, that pissed me off, so as a sophomore I tested out of Int3 and got into precalc as a sophomore....if only I'd been able to do that a year earlier.
We have geometry available for 8th graders and have about 100 geometry students, @Kerm , precalc in 9th??!! Shock
@ PSuedo: YEah, thats the equivelant of my current grades APEX peopel (roughly 100)(APEX is 2 grade levels ahead in math and advanced concepts in the 1 levels above grade level in everything else). I actually hate my mathclass right now, not because i am bad with oit or i am not good at math, its that the school system has to put 9-12th graders in the same class! So people like me who are like 1 or 2 grades ahead have to sit through the most basic concepts explained over and over and over!...

@Kerm, yeah, how did you get precal in 9th?
I am in Algebra this year (8th grade)

And I will probably do something like

9-geometry
10-algebra 2
11-pre-calc
12-calc-ab (possible cd, is that right?, if I take ab over the summer)
Yeah, sounds right. Your gonna skip algebra 3 and just go to precl, eh? Are you in honors? like 1 grade level above? Thts what it seems like.
Yeah, this is what it looks like
starts in 8th and goes from there
Next year is at a different school http://www.mcsk12.net/schools/whitestation.hs/site/courses.shtml

All honours except gym Rolling Eyes

CLUE (creative learning in a unique enviroment, 7th grade and above it is advanced English, focuses on writing, but still is pretty thorough on grammar.) -> CLUE -> pre-ap english -> A.P. English Language and Composition -> A.P. English Literature and Composition------ap

American History -> lifetime wellness (gym Rolling Eyes ) -> world history -> american history -> government and economics------no ap here!

Algebra 1 -> geometry -> algebra 2 -> pre-calc -> A.P. Calculus------ duh...

physical science -> biology -> chemistry -> physics -> A.P. Physics------ Going physics cause its awesome Razz

choir -> chamber choir -> chamber choir -> chamber choir -> chamber choir------well... I like singing, and colleges like geeks who can sing or play an instrument Razz

Spanish/gym -> German -> German -> German -> German------Heard the new German teacher is GOOD, not sure whether they have ap yet, but they will when I get to 12th

And those are all my classes =D

Quote:
Curriculum Options - 9th GradeHonors English 9 or CLUE English
Honors Geometry or Honors Algebra I
Honors Physical Science or Honors Biology
Honors Foreign Language (French, German, Japanese, Latin or Spanish)
Honors World Geography or Honors World History
Lifetime Wellness
Elective

Curriculum Options - 10th GradeHonors English 10 or Pre-Advanced Placement English
Honors Geometry or Honors Algebra II
Honors Biology or Honors Chemistry
Honors Foreign Language
Honors World History, A.P. World History or Honors World Geography
Honors Etymology/ Elective
Honors Programming I and II

Curriculum Options - 11th Grade
Honors English 11 or A.P. English Language and Composition
Honors Algebra II or Honors Pre-Calculus
A.P. Biology, A.P Chemistry, Honors Chemistry or Honors Physics
Honors Foreign Language
A.P. United States History
Honors Economics/Honors Government
Elective(s)

Curriculum Options - 12th GradeHonors English 12 or A.P. English Literature and Composition
Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Introduction to College Math, A.P. Calculus or A.P. Statistics
A.P. Biology, A.P. Chemistry, A.P. Physics or Honors Physics
Honors or A.P. Foreign Language
Honors or A.P. United States History
A.P. Computer Science
Elective(s)
Ah, listing all our (major) courses, eh? Starting in 9, and going to 12. '??' = undecided.

English 9 -> English 10 -> English 11 -> ??
(summer) Physics/Earth-Space -> Chemistry/Biology -> AP Biology -> AP Physics -> ??
US History -> Global Studies -> APP (American Public Policy) -> NOTHING
Geometry -> Algebra 2 -> Precalc -> AP Calc
Symphonic Band x4
German 3-6

Stupid school doesn't have AP Comp Sci, and they only offer lame computer classes like 'Microsoft' (just makes you retch thinking about it, eh?) and 'Computer Networking'. The only remotely interesting thing they offer is Computer Programming, and that rarely has enough people signed up for them to even bother offering it.
don't worry about taking AP comp sci as a course, just sign up for the exam.

here's what you need to know for the AB (the harder of the two):

Java inside and out (especially inheritance--its a bitch)
basic data structures like linked lists and BSTs
recursions
big-O notation and how to calculate the complexity of an algorithm
To be completely honest, I've never learned big-O notation. Razz I should teach myself that one of these days.
reading big-O notation is easy, its figuring out the complexity of an algorithm thats bitchy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours