Do yo believe the tomb and the ossuaries belong to jesus and his family?
Yes, definitely
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nope! No Way at all.
 40%  [ 2 ]
No Opinion
 40%  [ 2 ]
Unsure...
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Please post what your opinion is and supporting evidence of your stance. for the given evidence visit

http://discovery.com/tomb

This is here to bring out ideas, not serious debate!
I beleive it could quite possibly be his family, dunno about jesus himself though.
Might be, might not be, might be a fake. I don't see that it really matters a whole lot one way or the other.
weeeellllll..... if it was jesus' tomb, and bones or something where found that could completely destroy the christian faith... unless jesus ascending into heaven wasnt a physical ascension.
There are references through out history to UFO's and such objects. His "ascending" could have been nothing more than being pulled into a ship of some sort...
@Pseudo: True, true.
@Dan: ...you're not actually serious, are you?...
Yes, I am. There are pictures in ancient pyramids and temples, showing people in fly machines, there is a tribe in africa that have our solar system, and the closest one over, painted on a wall, and knew years before we did one of the planets in the system imploded.

There are many, many things that prove other worldly interactions...
in a complete 3rd person emotionless unbiased person speaking, who's to say "God" and other gods of different religions arent just different extra terrestrials, highly advanced mind you, playing with us =P, trying to use the people they are 'god' of to conquer the other ET's. like a game sort of. lolololol.
And the pyramids are accurate down to the degree... aligned to North South East and West... and the mayans, aztecs, and incas had tons of technology, but couldnt cross an ocean. =/
The myans had the ability to cut stone, so accurately, that today we cannot put a credit-card between the stones.

There are also engravings in the ground in the shape of animals that are beyond huge, that you have to be in the air to see them (as in way up in a plane...)

I think that is the problem with most of humanity. They take everything at face value, and do not try to think about what things could really mean...
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
weeeellllll..... if it was jesus' tomb, and bones or something where found that could completely destroy the christian faith... unless jesus ascending into heaven wasnt a physical ascension.

Yes it would contradict the christian faith. Throughout the press conference the biblical scholars use John 20: 19-23 as proof it was not a tangible resurrection. But if you were to read the next five verses, it gives evidence that the resurrection was most likely tangible.

tifreak8x wrote:
The myans had the ability to cut stone, so accurately, that today we cannot put a credit-card between the stones.

Actually now we might be able too, due to degradation of the stone matter. Where as at the time of construction it might have not been possible...but who's to say, none of us were alive then...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/347317/2/istockphoto_347317_mayan_pyramid_caracol_belize.jpg

I'm sure I can fit a credit card into one of the holes in this pyramid.
when the conquistadors came and conquered the incas, there walls, each stone having 12 points I beleive, fit together so finely a knife blade couldnt be fit in, once the seam was actually located.

EDIT: t'was the incas with the most masterful stone work.

and of all of great pyramid accuracy haters out there, they are rugged these days because there was an earthquake and the city folk came and stripped the smooth outer layer off of them to rebuild mosques ect.
@Dan: It's been shown that that tribe was intellectually poisoned by the anthropologists who came to study them.

@Pseudo: indeed re: the ETs. And ..uh.. having good compasses doesn't necessary imply godliness to me.

@Dan again: sources? Links?

@Gangsta: good quotes.

@Pseudo again: say what? Sources?
I want to ask you guys one question. Let's take a hypothetical situation. Lets say Kerm didn't come on the forums for about one week. We wonder what happens to him. Then, one day, I pass by a New York City Cemetery (Kerm still hasn't come on yet), and on one of the recent tombstones, it had Kerm's real name on it. I take a picture of it. Would you assume that our admin here was dead or not?

The point I am trying to get across is that it could be any person named Jesus, it is just most people assume the Christ when the name Jesus is said.
KermMartian wrote:
@Dan: It's been shown that that tribe was intellectually poisoned by the anthropologists who came to study them.

@Pseudo: indeed re: the ETs. And ..uh.. having good compasses doesn't necessary imply godliness to me.

@Dan again: sources? Links?

@Gangsta: good quotes.

@Pseudo again: say what? Sources?

I am not sure how to link to TV channels. Again, as I have said in other posts, Discovery channel, History Channel, etc.
GangstaNerd wrote:
Throughout the press conference the biblical scholars use John 20: 19-23 as proof it was not a tangible resurrection.

lol... using the Bible as "proof".

I love wonderfully circular logic... Catch-22 if you will (sorry, I just read the book a couple months ago... blah).

-"The Bible is the word of God."
-"Can you prove that?"
-"Of course. It says so in the Bible."
Kerm, on the ET's, the most accurate measuring device at the time (actually i think it was some time after...) was the astrolabe, which was accurate to a degree. the pyrimids where perfectly aligned to the north/south pole ect

EDIT: I say we put in our comment and leave this be, or we may have another huge debate, as seen in the topic, Spooky Tale, Fact or Fiction? Which began to annoy people...
Aha! Pseudo, there's a flaw in your argument, and I have concrete sources to back my counterargument up. OK, you claim that the pyramids are aligned within +/- 1 degree of current magnetic north and south. CURRENT. May I direct you to this article on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Magnetic_Pole wrote:

The Earth's Magnetic South Pole (actually the north pole of the Earth's magnetic field) is the shifting point to which the "south" end of a dipole magnet points. It is not located at Earth's South Terrestrial Pole; it is now off the coast of Antarctica, and drifts about 10 to 15 kilometers north-westerly each year.

North Magnetic Pole [1] (2001) 81.3° N 110.8° W (2004 est) 82.3° N 113.4° W (2005 est) 82.7° N 114.4° W
South Magnetic Pole [2] (1998) 64.6° S 138.5° E. (2004 est) 63.5° S 138.0° E

In just four years, the north pole has varied by *4 degrees* of longitude, while the south pole has changed .5 degrees of longitude. Imagine the difference over hundreds of years! This drift is due to the slowly revolving molten core of the earth, the liquid metal of which creates the flux of the field. Indeed, scientists have shown by studying deposits of ferromagnetic rock that the north and south poles have consistently drifted over the past few thousand years and even flip on a fairly regular schedule.

Lawyered.

Edit: And there's nothing wrong with some good, intellectual discussions with solid, well-based arguments. Bring it on.
Oi. /me hates my history teachers lies. (he is a big conspiracy buff...)
yeah i got a scientific american about the poles switching. o.O. crazylicious stuff. I propose the question now on the topic of Atlantis. Yes it may seem silly but there are some interesting things about it out there. o.O. I think it was a city, that fell. like all great cities do. end of story.

edit, I do not recall saying CURRENT.
It doesn't really matter though; either way, the poles have changed over time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours