Laughing

My lawn is 1/16 the size of yours Very Happy And it's sharpely sloped so you can't really use it for anything...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Well, he's not really a friend per se; he's affectionately known as 'douchebag' 0x5

Well, hows this one then? "Know thy enemey" Laughing
rivereye wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
That's the number of people who live on my block, probably. Very Happy

have you ever wondered what its like to have a yard? .... or see stars for that matter?

I think I should take a picture of my yard here and show Kerm what space looks like. (What sucked is that on our rider, on of the heads on the engine got damaged, so I had to mow 4 acres with a push mower).

quit whining I mow 5 everytime I have to do our yard...and its with a push mower, we have 62.5 acres and most of it is woods, but there's also a crapload of old lumber trails to brush mow a couple times a summer.
Wow...you must live DEEP in the middle of nowhere (and this has got to be the fastest-growing topic on Cemetech)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Wow...you must live DEEP in the middle of nowhere (and this has got to be the fastest-growing topic on Cemetech)

our driveway is a quarter mile long, and yeah I do, its called vermont Wink

seriously though counting the driveway its about 6 1/2 miles to either of the 2 closest towns although Im within walking distance of the theoretical line between them....and yeah we own the entire north half of a hill, the south half is just as big, and just as wooded, although there a some fun caves right off south end of our property, and the people who own it don't post the property......

we have over 900 maple taps on our property although only 30 of them are ours, the other 900 are split between 2 guys who pay us to tap.

oh yeah, and we have a wood stove for central heat Wink
This is terrible stuff. Always sad to hear. A friend of mine got hit by a car a couple years back. Wasn't nearly as bad though.
elfprince13 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Wow...you must live DEEP in the middle of nowhere

yeah I do, its called vermont Wink

Aww... You plagued with dial-up, too?
When I was at my Elementary school, the same thing happened, except the kid was doa to the hospital. I was 5 at the time, so I didn't pay much attentition.
A very similar thing happened to my best friend around five years ago. He was riding a scooter down his drive way, and one time this old lady came flying down the street and hit him as he rode into the street. Granted, it was a stupid thing to be doing (riding down the driveway on a scooter), but the old lady had a very long time to stop, but I guess her reaction time must be crap.

Anyways, he was hit by the car, and flew in the air for some distance. He was rushed to the hospital. He ended up breaking both legs (clean breaks), his elbow, his arm, fractured his head, and had some bad internal bleeding. He ended up making a full recovery (which was pretty unlikely), and the only remnant of the accident that remains with him is a scar on his head that looks exactly like Harry Potter's, and I mean exactly. One year for Halloween he dressed up like Harry Potter, and everyone thought the scar was fake. Very Happy

I hope your friend, or douchebag, finds a similar fate. Smile
My brother got hit by a car on his bike, but the person wasn't going 5mph. He was biking down the sidewalk when someone went to pull out of their driveway.
This is related somewhat... but a few years ago my best friend was a passenger in a truck that hit head-on going 80 on a two lane highway. She actually was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center (Level 1 Medical ICU), but thankfully made a full recovery.
My friend's doing very, very badly right now Sad ; he's been in critical condition since around noon today. Also a friend of mine supposedly found out the truth of what happened to him; he was hit @50mph (the guy was speeding), my friend was hit just below the knee, hit the windshield, and went over the top of the car; both his legs are broken (one's almost beyond repair), he's been conscious this whole time, but earlier today the doctors had to perform brain surgery and is now in critical condition and in a medical-induced coma Sad

Worst part about all of this? No one can visit him; even if he were allowed visitors, he's changed hospitals, so no one knows where he is...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
My friend's doing very, very badly right now Sad ; he's been in critical condition since around noon today. Also a friend of mine supposedly found out the truth of what happened to him; he was hit @50mph (the guy was speeding), my friend was hit just below the knee, hit the windshield, and went over the top of the car; both his legs are broken (one's almost beyond repair), he's been conscious this whole time, but earlier today the doctors had to perform brain surgery and is now in critical condition and in a medical-induced coma Sad

Worst part about all of this? No one can visit him; even if he were allowed visitors, he's changed hospitals, so no one knows where he is...

Sad thats awful, poor guy
Wow, that's awful... I hope things get better.

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
even if he were allowed visitors, he's changed hospitals, so no one knows where he is...

Couldn't you ask his parents where he is now, though?
That's terrible; I hope he gets better. Sad I have hope, though; medical care has advanced to excellent level over the past couple of years.
Quote:

Couldn't you ask his parents where he is now, though?

He's unlisted in the student directory and it would take forever to call everyone with his last name in the phonebook.

Quote:
I have hope, though; medical care has advanced to excellent level over the past couple of years.

I want to be hopeful too, but there's not much to be hopeful for with brain damage...
Ouch, PAIN! Someone at my school was killed last year at a car wash when they got run down, it was low speed, too.
Was the car wash part of the accident, or it was just a freak thing? That's terrible. Sad
I think he worked at the car wash, but I'm not entirely sure.
I've got some good news! My friend is now in fair condition Very Happy

...Although I find it odd that he went from critical to fair in less than 24 hrs...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours